The Student Room Group

Postgraduate dissertation proposal woes...

Hi guys,

I have a little over a week to come up with a rough outline of what I want to do, I definitely have a topic in mind but I'm not really sure.

My area is social sciences, but I have a historian background. I also know that my thesis needs to prove something, or at least contribute to the research area, but that requires a lot of reading and something we haven't got to go into great detail about for the proposal. I'm just scared that I'm going to pick an area and I won't contribute anything meaningful to the area.

Did anyone have these problems, how did you approach it?
What ideas do you have?
Original post by Safiya122
What ideas do you have?

Hey, I'm thinking of looking at the hybrid theory of managed democracy in Russia, but I also love earlier Soviet history e.g from Lenin, so I want to try and make it comparative. Also thought of looking at the cult of personality under Stalin and now Putin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charmander12
Hey, I'm thinking of looking at the hybrid theory of managed democracy in Russia, but I also love earlier Soviet history e.g from Lenin, so I want to try and make it comparative. Also thought of looking at the cult of personality under Stalin and now Putin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you looking for a purely book based dissertation or are you actually wanting to do interviews etc.? (I presume the former)

You sound like you've got some ideas, proposals generally only need to be really broad so as long as you've got an idea I wouldn't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest