The Student Room Group

People I live with have become criminals, what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uberteknik

When you report an incident to the police, do it at the time of the incident via the phone (not 999) and ask for an Unique Reference Number (URN). State this number in your diary. With enough reports, this will flag up as a trouble hotspot on their database and the police will be duty bound to investigate/take steps.

To be honest, if a crime is in progress and you cannot control the situation, I would call the police using 999. That is the point of the service.
Original post by Anonymous
10 bed room house this year.

7 of us are completely fine. Go about our normal student business, other 3 have become house mates from hell - but worse, they don't even follow the law.

Before i carry on, we have reported this to our estate agent who told who to go to the police, when we spoke to police they said go to the estate agent. :mad:

Our house has been dealing drugs, only weed. But it's been bringing the wrong peoples around. Food has started going missing, and money has been robbed from someones purse. The front door is continually left unlocked and random strangers are walking round our hallways. And have occasionally tried to come into our rooms.

A few people reported the weed smoking, and then we got threatened by there mates who come round to buy/smoke with them. So the issue continued with everyone to scared to react.

Recently, our neighbours threw a party, my house mates attended with their friends who buy/smoke off them. After the party 2 grand worth of items were stolen, Including peoples wallets, money and macbook and ipads. Cards from one of the wallets which was stolen was found in our garden. :confused:

Finally, earlier this week, the house mate in question and there friends dragged a guy from another 'gang' into our property, beat him up and then mugged him. Before kicking him out of the house.

This has really become a bit more of a ghetto scene than a happy household of students. And everyone is beginning to suffer and not feel safe in there home. :frown:

Has anyone got any advice of how we can eliminate the criminal activities occuring in our house?

move asap keep a hidden camera something where there is evidence to show to the police where they'll will have to take action or the estate agent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending