Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, thought i'd post here as im feeling a little anxious. the problem is that this month my period only lasted for 2 days, also i was about three days late. now the thing is im always on for 5-6 days and normally on ontime. is this something to be worried about?

reassurance needed

ReputationRep:
    totally normal! Happens to many girls!

ReputationRep:
    thanx for that, i was a little worried as jus was such a big change after 5 years of the same cycle!

ReputationRep:
    well usually, but you didnt say how many years it was regulated. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    17 and a half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    well usually, but you didnt say how many years it was regulated. How old are you?
    Are you worried about something? that can affect it xxx

ReputationRep:
    no got no worries at the moment apart from the usual stuff, skool etc

ReputationRep:
    Still a hormonal teenager! probably normal!

But still hang aroudn and one of the Med Students might post something.

C'mon meds, we luv ya!

ReputationRep:
    thank u! i'll hang around, the forums seem pretty interesting, have been browsing for a few weeks now

ReputationRep:
    I think a change in diet effects it too or how much you work out. When I went on a fruits and vegetable fast, my period came back on about 5 days after it left. Then there was that time I randomly felt like jogging a mile after I hadn't worked out in weeks....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
    I think a change in diet effects it too or how much you work out. When I went on a fruits and vegetable fast, my period came back on about 5 days after it left. Then there was that time I randomly felt like jogging a mile after I hadn't worked out in weeks....
    oh yeah for sure! like a few months ago I had ITC at the AIS and i skipped one.

ReputationRep:
    well, im veggie, so have been eating the same food that i always have.i've heard that this can happen if ur pregnant. although i very much doubt it and hope not,, seeing as ive used protection. so perhaps its just hormes :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiku)
    well, im veggie, so have been eating the same food that i always have.i've heard that this can happen if ur pregnant. although i very much doubt it and hope not,, seeing as ive used protection. so perhaps its just hormes :confused:
    Yes it can happen if you are pregnant so it might be worth a trip to the doctor.

Personally I started periods at 10, was on for 7 days every 28 days like clockwork (literally, always started between 7 and 7.15pm).

When I was 19 I suddenly had a period two weeks early! and have been regular ever since so probably 'just one of those things'. BTW have you been doing more exercise than usual? This can shorten or even stop your periods. And don't forget sex is exercise so ........... hope I don't get too many slutty comments for this .... if you are having a lot of energetic sex you could reduice your periods.

ReputationRep:
    well, i dont relly get that much exercise, and havent increased it, just the walk to and from 6th form. i only see my bf a few times a week, and so we only make love 1- twice a week at the most,
    i started my peridos at the age of 9. and they ahve been regular since i was about 11.

ReputationRep:
    maybe, ur bodys going through some changes. perhaps u should waiit a week or so and see if u show any signs of being pregnant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Still a hormonal teenager! probably normal!

But still hang aroudn and one of the Med Students might post something.

C'mon meds, we luv ya!
    Speaking from a completely lay perspective (as our module on "Periods" probably doesn't happen until next year ), it's probably just normal. I *believe* that they can occasionally be sporadic, especially when younger. Hopefully will be back to normal next time round. If you feel worried though (or start throwing up in the mornings :cool: ), book an appointment with the GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiku)
    hey guys, thought i'd post here as im feeling a little anxious. the problem is that this month my period only lasted for 2 days, also i was about three days late. now the thing is im always on for 5-6 days and normally on ontime. is this something to be worried about?

reassurance needed
    No, you shouldn't be worried about it. Plenty of different things can affect your period - it could be just settling into a different cycle. What contraception do you use? If you've been using the pill to regulate your periods, it sometimes just stops having that effect. Even if not, periods can be temperamental - mine are sometimes a week late.

If you notice any other signs of being pregnant you should get a testing kit, but you have had a period so I seriously doubt that's the problem. It's just one of those things...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's something to do with the recent lunar eclipse.

ReputationRep:
    the lunar eclipse eh?
    well, we've been using condoms as the contraceptive.i didnt think i'd be pregnant but was worried, so i thought i'd ask if this was normal.thanx soo much for all the support, feeling better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiku)
    the lunar eclipse eh?
    Yeah, 'menstrual' refers to the monthly cycle of the moon. It could have something to do with it. :confused:
    (Original post by kiku)
    well, we've been using condoms as the contraceptive.i didnt think i'd be pregnant but was worried, so i thought i'd ask if this was normal.thanx soo much for all the support, feeling better.
    Hope everythings ok.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.