The Student Room Group

A-level Edexcel Music: Units 2 and 5 Composing

Hi there,

I took AS and A2 music in the same year and ended up with a B overall. I am retaking Units 2 and 5 because I got A's in everything apart from these two where I ended getting two C's! Has anyone else experienced harsh marking in these units? And for anyone that has done well in these units, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE? I am quite baffled as my composition for AS under the title: "Taking an instrument for a walk"was very competent and had a million compositional techniques, yet it still ended up being a C (I can email the score/recording for those interested).

Any comments/help?

Thanks
Hiya! You may be best off posting this in the Creative and performance arts forum. You can find it here. The reason is that the people who will be able to help you are more likely to check that forum than a more general one with many different topics. Good luck! :smile:
Hi there, I am taking AS music at the moment, having no idea about how examiner judge each person's composition.., I've done my composition and but still, kind of nervous about the result i will be given. I have no experience about A Level music (I didn't do GCSE). May I listen to your composition last year if possible? Doing A level music in one year isn't easy at all.. I'm really impressed !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending