The Student Room Group

Is rating people on their looks wrong?

I personally don't think it is, I mean I rate (or judge) people on their personalities as well but it's pretty much subconsciously. There's like different levels for different people but I don't really spend a long time analysing or anything. It's just like a natural thing that just happens I guess.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah it is wrong, and being wrong is for people below 3/10.
Reply 2
No no its perfectly fine...
Reply 3
Does it really matter tho
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Does it really matter tho
I mean it depends, if I was to date someone then I'd have to find them physically attractive so they can't really be below a certain "threshold" but for friendship I wouldn't give a damn.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
No. It's not wrong for the same reason taking IQ tests isn't wrong and for the same reason thinking 'I like this person' or 'This person's boring' isn't wrong. Some people are just more attractive (to you, attractiveness is relatively subjective) just as some people are smarter or more pleasant to be around. Thinking it doesn't make you a bad person.

What's wrong, however, is reducing people to the number you gave their looks by ignoring everything else about them.
Reply 6
Nah I don't think it's wrong. I think we do it without noticing most of the time. Looks aren't the most important part anyway, they are just a nice added bonus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Multitalented me
I mean it depends, if I was to date someone then I'd have to find them physically attractive so they can't really be below a certain "threshold" but for friendship I wouldn't give a damn.

No i mean, why does it matter if its wrong to rate or not?
As long as you keep the rates to yourself and dont hold a group rating session of potential gfs with your mates or announce them publicly, then its perfectly fine.
People's personalities tend to be congruent with their looks.
Original post by Multitalented me

What threshold? Like a 7?

Original post by quads1992
People's personalities tend to be congruent with their looks.

What do you mean? I don't think it has any relationship to be honest.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Uw0tm8_
As long as you keep the rates to yourself and dont hold a group rating session of potential gfs with your mates or announce them publicly, then its perfectly fine.

Agreed. At the end of that, it's just banter. Fite me irl 1 v 1.
Original post by High Stakes
Agreed. At the end of that, it's just banter. Fite me irl 1 v 1.

As long as you rate me 10/10 leggo.
Reply 12
It's fine
It's up to people if they want to do that, but it's just shallow and boring in my opinion. Whatever you think of someone's appearance or personality is probably best to keep to yourself unless you have something nice to say.
Original post by Uw0tm8_
As long as you rate me 10/10 leggo.

u wot? u think ur ard? bet ur too scared to 1 v 1!

ill rate u...

Spoiler

dey call me the heartbreaker init
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Ah ok, & no I don't go that far lol :tongue:
Original post by High Stakes
u wot? u think ur ard? bet ur too scared to 1 v 1!

ill rate u...

Spoiler

dey call me the heartbreaker init

Faaaaaaaaaammmmmm.
I am ber hard, manz gona knock you out BIG time.

U breaked my heart </3
#cryin #cut4me
I wouldn't say it's wrong. Stupid maybe, but certainly not wrong.
Is this the rating people out of 10 thing? I personally don't agree with it...
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Faaaaaaaaaammmmmm.
I am ber hard, manz gona knock you out BIG time.

U breaked my heart </3
#cryin #cut4me

#cut4uw0tm8 #heartbreak2k14

name a time and place. bring ur crew, i bet i can take y'all on my ones. 1 v 8?

ps: sorry for breaking your heart :frown: but..banter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending