How Narcissistic are YOU? Watch

Poll: Are you narcissistic e.g. according to the quiz?
I'm FEMALE and NO (300)
35.21%
I'm FEMALE and YES (130)
15.26%
I'm MALE and NO (227)
26.64%
I'm Male and YES (158)
18.54%
I'm FEMALE and don't know/didn't do it/abstain (24)
2.82%
I'm Male and don't know/didn't do it/abstain (13)
1.53%
TSR George
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you love yourself, perhaps a little too much? :smug:

Narcissism: excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance

If you're unsure, perhaps try this short 'Narcissistic Personality Quiz'

For the purposes of this poll, please select the appropriate 'Yes' option if you score over 20 in teh quiz, and do try to answer (both) honestly

Feel free to post your score in the thread of course, and comment on how this differs from your expectations, if at all (mine certainly did)! :teeth:
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gonna try it now - got 18
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmm? Sorry, I was too bust admiring myself in this mirror. God I look fabulous!

Spoiler:
Show
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
18, with fairly high points in self-sufficiency and exploitativeness :erm:
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I perhaps need to have a better think about the questions relating to entitlement, as I think it's too high. I had only my parents in mind when answering these questions and I probably did rely on them too much in the past.

Vanity and exploitativeness are low, which are the only ones I care about.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

I scored 30. :eek:
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Attached files
kopi, ffs
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
13, high self-sufficiency and superiority, low/nil for the others.

I THINK I'M AWESOME AND NO I DON'T NEED YO' HELP.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Interesting quiz. I scored 26.

Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 3.00
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Interesting quiz. I scored 26.

Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Entitlement: 3.00
That has to be a good score. Scoring 26 in this manner is very different to scoring 26 because of high scores in vanity, exhibitionism and exploitativeness, for example.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I scored 28
Authority: 4.00
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Entitlement: 6.00
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by pane123)
That has to be a good score. Scoring 26 in this manner is very different to scoring 26 because of high scores in vanity, exhibitionism and exploitativeness, for example.
I think that's a good observation - the idea that there are going to be different types of narcissism investigated by the quiz, some of them potentially being better than others.

Speaking of my own results, I think they characterise me quite well. I'm definitely not flooded with feelings of entitlement, vanity about my appearance, or the need to be the centre of attention. But I do often think immodest thoughts about myself, for example that my skills are superior (I often feel I can do almost anything I set my mind to), that I'm superior as a person (I spend a lot of time considering how I can become a better person), and I value self-sufficiency (I like the idea of being strong enough to carry my own burdens in life).

With respect to authority, I do want to become a strong leader and I'm interested in the mechanisms of power. Manipulation and Machiavellian-mindedness is something that comes fairly naturally to me, though I don't really have much of any impulse to actually behave in exploitative ways. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is partly characterised by a lack of empathy, but I think empathy's very important (and again makes for a good leader). These things are more-or-less an intellectual interest.

You also I think scored in similar areas to me - are there any parallels with what I've written about myself and what you would say of yourself?
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm quite surprised by the result. I always thought I was narcissistic. I can never resist looking into mirrors, for example.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Feel free to post your score in the thread of course, and comment on how this differs from your expectations, if at all (mine certainly did)! :teeth:
And what were your results? :holmes:
Nerdz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Not to brag, but I only got 7! I'm quite surprised. Did it again and got 8...
0 exploitativeness and entitlement is probably a good thing
Powpowpowpowpow
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your score: 1

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 1.00

Somehow I doubt these are the actual results. Maybe I got a glitched results page? Can't be arsed doing it again because I took my time the first time round to give accurate answers.
pane123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I think that's a good observation - the idea that there are going to be different types of narcissism investigated by the quiz, some of them potentially being better than others.

Speaking of my own results, I think they characterise me quite well. I'm definitely not flooded with feelings of entitlement, vanity about my appearance, or the need to be the centre of attention. But I do often think immodest thoughts about myself, for example that my skills are superior (I often feel I can do almost anything I set my mind to), that I'm superior as a person (I spend a lot of time considering how I can become a better person), and I value self-sufficiency (I like the idea of being strong enough to carry my own burdens in life).

With respect to authority, I do want to become a strong leader and I'm interested in the mechanisms of power. Manipulation and Machiavellian-mindedness is something that comes fairly naturally to me, though I don't really have much of any impulse to actually behave in exploitative ways. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is partly characterised by a lack of empathy, but I think empathy's very important (and again makes for a good leader). These things are more-or-less an intellectual interest.

You also I think scored in similar areas to me - are there any parallels with what I've written about myself and what you would say of yourself?
Absolutely. The paragraph in bold is almost exactly what I think of myself.

I share a similar level of interest in the mechanisms of power and, while I realise the importance of empathy, I know sympathy is something I struggle with. I'm not sure how empathetic I am, but it's something I'll look out for in future.

I am quite confident in my own ability but I don't place great importance on looks, perhaps because I will be the first to acknowledge I'm no super model. I'm not ugly by any means but my appearance just isn't something that has benefited me, or indeed held me back in any way, so I never really think about it.
moment of truth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My score was 4. I am like the least narcissistic person.
Mary562
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I scored 11

Attached files
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.16%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
26.97%
No (87)
48.88%

Watched Threads