The Student Room Group

How Narcissistic are YOU?

Poll

Are you narcissistic e.g. according to the quiz?

Do you love yourself, perhaps a little too much? :smug:

Narcissism: excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance

If you're unsure, perhaps try this short 'Narcissistic Personality Quiz'

For the purposes of this poll, please select the appropriate 'Yes' option if you score over 20 in teh quiz, and do try to answer (both) honestly :h:

Feel free to post your score in the thread of course, and comment on how this differs from your expectations, if at all (mine certainly did)! :teeth:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Gonna try it now - got 18
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Hmmm? Sorry, I was too bust admiring myself in this mirror. God I look fabulous!

Spoiler

18, with fairly high points in self-sufficiency and exploitativeness :erm:
Reply 4

I perhaps need to have a better think about the questions relating to entitlement, as I think it's too high. I had only my parents in mind when answering these questions and I probably did rely on them too much in the past.

Vanity and exploitativeness are low, which are the only ones I care about.
(edited 9 years ago)

I scored 30. :eek:
13, high self-sufficiency and superiority, low/nil for the others.

I THINK I'M AWESOME AND NO I DON'T NEED YO' HELP.
Reply 8
Interesting quiz. I scored 26.

Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Vanity: 3.00
Entitlement: 3.00
Reply 9
Original post by miser
Interesting quiz. I scored 26.

Authority: 5.00
Self-Sufficiency: 6.00
Superiority: 5.00
Exhibitionism: 1.00
Exploitativeness: 3.00
Entitlement: 3.00

That has to be a good score. Scoring 26 in this manner is very different to scoring 26 because of high scores in vanity, exhibitionism and exploitativeness, for example.
I scored 28
Authority: 4.00
Self-Sufficiency: 2.00
Superiority: 4.00
Exhibitionism: 5.00
Exploitativeness: 4.00
Entitlement: 6.00
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by pane123
That has to be a good score. Scoring 26 in this manner is very different to scoring 26 because of high scores in vanity, exhibitionism and exploitativeness, for example.

I think that's a good observation - the idea that there are going to be different types of narcissism investigated by the quiz, some of them potentially being better than others.

Speaking of my own results, I think they characterise me quite well. I'm definitely not flooded with feelings of entitlement, vanity about my appearance, or the need to be the centre of attention. But I do often think immodest thoughts about myself, for example that my skills are superior (I often feel I can do almost anything I set my mind to), that I'm superior as a person (I spend a lot of time considering how I can become a better person), and I value self-sufficiency (I like the idea of being strong enough to carry my own burdens in life).

With respect to authority, I do want to become a strong leader and I'm interested in the mechanisms of power. Manipulation and Machiavellian-mindedness is something that comes fairly naturally to me, though I don't really have much of any impulse to actually behave in exploitative ways. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is partly characterised by a lack of empathy, but I think empathy's very important (and again makes for a good leader). These things are more-or-less an intellectual interest.

You also I think scored in similar areas to me - are there any parallels with what I've written about myself and what you would say of yourself?
I'm quite surprised by the result. I always thought I was narcissistic. I can never resist looking into mirrors, for example.
Reply 13
Original post by Foo.mp3
Feel free to post your score in the thread of course, and comment on how this differs from your expectations, if at all (mine certainly did)! :teeth:

And what were your results? :holmes:
Reply 14
Not to brag, but I only got 7! I'm quite surprised. Did it again and got 8...
0 exploitativeness and entitlement is probably a good thing :smile:
Your score: 1

Authority: 0.00
Self-Sufficiency: 0.00
Superiority: 0.00
Exhibitionism: 0.00
Exploitativeness: 0.00
Vanity: 0.00
Entitlement: 1.00

Somehow I doubt these are the actual results. Maybe I got a glitched results page? Can't be arsed doing it again because I took my time the first time round to give accurate answers.
Original post by miser
I think that's a good observation - the idea that there are going to be different types of narcissism investigated by the quiz, some of them potentially being better than others.

Speaking of my own results, I think they characterise me quite well. I'm definitely not flooded with feelings of entitlement, vanity about my appearance, or the need to be the centre of attention. But I do often think immodest thoughts about myself, for example that my skills are superior (I often feel I can do almost anything I set my mind to), that I'm superior as a person (I spend a lot of time considering how I can become a better person), and I value self-sufficiency (I like the idea of being strong enough to carry my own burdens in life).

With respect to authority, I do want to become a strong leader and I'm interested in the mechanisms of power. Manipulation and Machiavellian-mindedness is something that comes fairly naturally to me, though I don't really have much of any impulse to actually behave in exploitative ways. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is partly characterised by a lack of empathy, but I think empathy's very important (and again makes for a good leader). These things are more-or-less an intellectual interest.

You also I think scored in similar areas to me - are there any parallels with what I've written about myself and what you would say of yourself?

Absolutely. The paragraph in bold is almost exactly what I think of myself.

I share a similar level of interest in the mechanisms of power and, while I realise the importance of empathy, I know sympathy is something I struggle with. I'm not sure how empathetic I am, but it's something I'll look out for in future.

I am quite confident in my own ability but I don't place great importance on looks, perhaps because I will be the first to acknowledge I'm no super model. I'm not ugly by any means but my appearance just isn't something that has benefited me, or indeed held me back in any way, so I never really think about it.
My score was 4. I am like the least narcissistic person.
Reply 18
I scored 11

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest