Transferring from Overseas (Student Finance)

Watch
lostsoulo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys, i am new to the forum but i thought i would start a thread by asking a question that i have had on my mind for quite a bit.

I have studied in London, done my foundation in my first year there and passed. Then I studied my first year undergraduate but failed. So after that I have moved overseas to Malaysia to study my first year, again. Which my parents are paying for.

I plan on passing my first year (undergrad) in Malaysia, then transferring back to the same uni that i was going to in London.

I am now wondering if student finance will pay for my last two years that i will be taking in London. And my question is, will i be able to transfer to second year (London) and have student finance pay for my tuition loans for the second and third year?

I would appreciate you're replies, thanks.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lostsoulo)
Hey guys, i am new to the forum but i thought i would start a thread by asking a question that i have had on my mind for quite a bit.

I have studied in London, done my foundation in my first year there and passed. Then I studied my first year undergraduate but failed. So after that I have moved overseas to Malaysia to study my first year, again. Which my parents are paying for.

I plan on passing my first year (undergrad) in Malaysia, then transferring back to the same uni that i was going to in London.

I am now wondering if student finance will pay for my last two years that i will be taking in London. And my question is, will i be able to transfer to second year (London) and have student finance pay for my tuition loans for the second and third year?

I would appreciate you're replies, thanks.
Have you checked if this uni accept transfers into the second year? Not all unis do, so they may not accept you - especially if you have failed before.

But yes, if you transfer to the second year of a three year course you will be eligible for student finance.
lostsoulo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Have you checked if this uni accept transfers into the second year? Not all unis do, so they may not accept you - especially if you have failed before.

But yes, if you transfer to the second year of a three year course you will be eligible for student finance.

Thanks for the reply! I have checked with the uni already, they are willing to accept me from the university I am emerging from.

I was just kind of worried that student finance might reject me, saying that you have gone overseas and can not be eligible for student finance tuition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads