The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
no:

1) it makes him a martyr
2) to kill him is just an act of revenge nothing more. his death will not undo the deaths of thousands of people he has had murdered, and those who died to capture him.
3) a person's life is sancrosanct, even scum like him
4) I never remember when programs are so i'd miss it.
5) Keeping him on death row until his natural death would be a much crueller and more satisfying punishment :biggrin:
Reply 21
Shall we hang the members of the American authorities (some of which are still in power) who sold Suddam the weapons which allowed him to commit the horrific crimes that people want him dead for?

I'm all for justice, as long as it is distributed equally.
Reply 22
riffraff
no:

1) it makes him a martyr
2) to kill him is just an act of revenge nothing more. his death will not undo the deaths of thousands of people he has had murdered, and those who died to capture him.
3) a person's life is sancrosanct, even scum like him
4) I never remember when programs are so i'd miss it.
5) Keeping him on death row until his natural death would be a much crueller and more satisfying punishment :biggrin:

If killing him will not undo the deaths of thousands of people he has had murdered neither will keeping him on death row until his natural death.

I think Saddam should go free. He can't be all bad.
Reply 23
I don't think he should go free! But anyway, televising his death for some sort of sadistic revenge makes us no better than him. It's not going to undo the humiliation and torture he enforced on other people, by putting him under the same conditions won't solve anything. Besides, it would only create animosity and anger from his supporters. If the US ever decided to televise it (and if anyone would, it'd be them), I certainly wouldn't be watching.
Reply 24
Ellie4
I don't think he should go free! But anyway, televising his death for some sort of sadistic revenge makes us no better than him. It's not going to undo the humiliation and torture he enforced on other people, by putting him under the same conditions won't solve anything. Besides, it would only create animosity and anger from his supporters. If the US ever decided to televise it (and if anyone would, it'd be them), I certainly wouldn't be watching.

I don't think Sadaam is going to be tried in a US Court anyway is he?
Reply 25
I personally wouldn't kill him, but I would be entirely unsuprised if the Americans did just that.

However, I don't think that even they would want to televise the event. I really don't think that it'd go down well.
Reply 26
Howard

I'm not sure actually. It wouldn't be a fair trial if he was. Though I think the sentence would be fairly predictable anyway. Life.
Reply 27
Howard

Have they even decided what to do with him yet?
Reply 28
I think we should let the readers of the Daily Mail vote on what should be done to him.

I feel that sacricing him to the God of the Moon may well be the outcome.
Reply 29
kingslaw
I think we should let the readers of the Daily Mail vote on what should be done to him.

Are you implying that readers of the daily mail are not of the highest calibre of intellegence? Surely not?!? :biggrin:
Reply 30
kingslaw

Or we could hand him over to the Guardian readership. They could vote to put him in some gender and race awareness programs and help him become a part of the community by getting in touch with his feminine side.
Reply 31
Ellie4
Are you implying that readers of the daily mail are not of the highest calibre of intellegence? Surely not?!? :biggrin:

*gasp*

No, i certainly am not. I'm simply implying that readers of the Daily Mail are decent, religous individuals who seek justice and selflessly crusade to save us from ourselves.
Reply 32
kurt44
!!!!

No.
Reply 33
Howard
Or we could hand him over to the Guardian readership. They could vote to put him in some gender and race awareness programs and help him become a part of the community by getting in touch with his feminine side.

I'm sure theyd rather keep him on board and ask him to write articles actually!

I think the PC brigade of the Guardian readership would find that post very offensive. Are you implying that only people with feminine qualities can intergrate into the community?!?!
Reply 34
kingslaw
I'm sure theyd rather keep him on board and ask him to write articles actually!

I think the PC brigade of the Guardian readership would find that post very offensive. Are you implying that only people with feminine qualities can intergrate into the community?!?!

I should be flogged for such a blatently sexist indiscretion! :eek:
Howard
hmmm, that is quite a large generalisation and one decidied set out to annoy, at least the Guardian has sentances with words with more than 5 letters in. In the broad sheet vs tabloid debate there is only going to one winner in terms of which one provides intelligent solutions to problems
Reply 36
Howard
I should be flogged for such a blatently sexist indiscretion! :eek:

Actually, I think theyd just put you on a gender and race awareness course to help you re-intergrate into the community.

Did we just go full circle?
Reply 37
kingslaw

what qualities are feminine then?
Reply 38
riffraff
what qualities are feminine then?

The nice ones.
Reply 39
kingslaw
The nice ones.

I think you'll have to go on a gender awareness course for your blatently sexist attitude against men :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending