mosca.osmani
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
currently I am in the middle of doing my GCSE'S and for my revision method I find it useful to watch online videos and make notes from it. for science there was this website called mygcsescience and it was really good but now you have to pay to watch additional science videos, I was wondering if you knew or could find out any other online videos to help with gcse aqa additional science and other subjects like maths and geography and history! thank you!
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm not sure about videos but getrevising.co.uk usually has really good notes that other users have made which you can access and that applies for pretty much every subject
Black Rose
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mosca.osmani)
currently I am in the middle of doing my GCSE'S and for my revision method I find it useful to watch online videos and make notes from it. for science there was this website called mygcsescience and it was really good but now you have to pay to watch additional science videos, I was wondering if you knew or could find out any other online videos to help with gcse aqa additional science and other subjects like maths and geography and history! thank you!
If videos was your revision method, perhaps type a topic or something in youtube and something might come up that could help you? Haven't tried this before so not sure, let me know if it works out though!

In case it doesn't, try to see if other revision methods work? Can't depend on just one resource, I used to use MyGCSEscience too but alongside it, I used my revision guide. You should have revision guides/other resources from school? Make your own notes using that? Bitesize is also pretty good. As for understanding stuff, if videos helped then I'd say you're an auditory/visual learner. Get a friend to explain stuff/teach you? It should help them with revision too, teaching someone else is a good way of revising. Could also use diagrams and hand gestures, that might help.

For maths, I'd recommend MathsWatch (could ask school if they have it) the videos are brilliant! Then lots and lots of practice from past papers/textbook questions etc would be good.
Imsophie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The my gcse science videos are free to watch on YouTube, I watch them all the time to help me revise...
Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Imsophie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://m.youtube.com/user/myGCSEscience

Posted from TSR Mobile
mosca.osmani
Rep:
?
]

thank you for your reply but I meant additional science, I already did CORE science last year and the man who did the videos is now making you pay to watch the additional science videos but thank you for your help x
mosca.osmani
Rep:
?
(Original post by Black Rose)
If videos was your revision method, perhaps type a topic or something in youtube and something might come up that could help you? Haven't tried this before so not sure, let me know if it works out though!

In case it doesn't, try to see if other revision methods work? Can't depend on just one resource, I used to use MyGCSEscience too but alongside it, I used my revision guide. You should have revision guides/other resources from school? Make your own notes using that? Bitesize is also pretty good. As for understanding stuff, if videos helped then I'd say you're an auditory/visual learner. Get a friend to explain stuff/teach you? It should help them with revision too, teaching someone else is a good way of revising. Could also use diagrams and hand gestures, that might help.

For maths, I'd recommend MathsWatch (could ask school if they have it) the videos are brilliant! Then lots and lots of practice from past papers/textbook questions etc would be good.
thank you for your help! I know I cant depend on one resource but I usually start off by watching a video and from then I use my revision guide to make notes which I copy out onto flash cards and then I learn and it actually sticks into my head!! but thank you for your help, will definitely try out mathswatch!
mosca.osmani
Rep:
?
(Original post by Safiya122)
I'm not sure about videos but getrevising.co.uk usually has really good notes that other users have made which you can access and that applies for pretty much every subject
thank you for your help but I'm more of an auditory/visual learner but I will look at getrevising.co.uk
Itshafsaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For my maths GCSE, i used ExamSolutions which was highly helpful for me! hope it is the same for you!
mosca.osmani
Rep:
?
(Original post by Itshafsaa)
For my maths GCSE, i used ExamSolutions which was highly helpful for me! hope it is the same for you!
t

thank you! but I am in year 11 now and I do edexcel maths and its coming up with a list of topics like c1 c2 c3 and c4 which one do I choose?
Itshafsaa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
t

thank you! but I am in year 11 now and I do edexcel maths and its coming up with a list of topics like c1 c2 c3 and c4 which one do I choose?
That's A Level Maths, On the top, It states A level Maths, General Topics, then next one after is GCSE maths and then click on GCSE Maths Videos!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (249)
33.97%
No (484)
66.03%

Watched Threads