Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Nah, it's not on the same side. Sort of recall the lil map we were given at the beginning of the interviews- what course you reading?
    History & Economics.

(Hence the name...clever innit? Aren't I just the most original person ever?)

Btw, if Pembroke's on the same side of Corpus, then where the hell is it? Coz if you kinda follow that little road downhill form the high street down to Corpus (i.e. onto Merton Street), all the space seems to be taken by Oriel Square (filled by a large traffic island type thing), then at the bottom it starts being Corpus again.

(note to self - go on Pembroke website and look at map).

EDIT: Have looked on map, you're not the same side at all! You guys are to the West of ChCh, Corpus is to the east. No wonder I was so confused. Nice website though...

EDIT: Well it transpires I just can't read...oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    History & Economics.

(Hence the name...clever innit? Aren't I just the most original person ever?)

Btw, if Pembroke's on the same side of Corpus, then where the hell is it? Coz if you kinda follow that little road downhill form the high street down to Corpus (i.e. onto Merton Street), all the space seems to be taken by Oriel Square (filled by a large traffic island type thing), then at the bottom it starts being Corpus again.

(note to self - go on Pembroke website and look at map).
    Nah, re-read my post,hehe. Said it was NOT on the same side.

Well your name is more original than mine!

Will be reading History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Nah, re-read my post,hehe. Said it was NOT on the same side.

Well your name is more original than mine!

Will be reading History
    Now I'm just embarrased. Will presumably see you around some lectures at some point, grades permitting etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)

EDIT: Have looked on map, you're not the same side at all! You guys are to the West of ChCh, Corpus is to the east. No wonder I was so confused. Nice website though...
    Yeah, it's pretty. Look at in Jan 2004 during the snow:

http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk/visitors/snow1.html

Pretty, huh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Now I'm just embarrased. Will presumably see you around some lectures at some point, grades permitting etc etc.
    You thought about what options you want to take for the first 2 hist units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Well I'll also be opposite Elpaw, yet nowhere near you - at Corpus, which I guess must be the other side of ChCh I. I don't actually know where Pembroke is, but I don't think it can be on Corpus' side, coz it's full of Oriel and ChCh.
    here's a map of christchurch and neighbouring colleges

( @ aliel )
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)

Pretty, huh!
    i see no mention of christ church beating you in the snow wars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

( @ aliel )

Oi you- enough of that mockery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)

( @ aliel )
    Useful map that (I presume it's taken off the same website I used to finally locate Pembroke).

btw what year are you Elpaw? I've a friend who's gonna be reading Engineering at ChCh next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i see no mention of christ church beating you in the snow wars.
    I'll have you know, i'm a nifty snow-fighter...beware!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)

Pretty, huh!
    Very pretty! Mind you those pictures can be deceiving...what's under all the snow? Is it nice grassy lawn, or just loadsa mud?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Useful map that (I presume it's taken off the same website I used to finally locate Pembroke).

btw what year are you Elpaw? I've a friend who's gonna be reading Engineering at ChCh next year.
    im a first year, so ill be second year next year (obviously lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Very pretty! Mind you those pictures can be deceiving...what's under all the snow? Is it nice grassy lawn, or just loadsa mud?
    Lol! It's lawn- it was nice lawn in the middle of December- was surprised....oooh perhaps it's fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    im a first year, so ill be second year next year (obviously lol)
    Oxbridge level maths on display.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    well, before the onslaught it was a lawn.

after we had left, well, you can imagine. pity they cant afford to grow a new one j/k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Lol! It's lawn- it was nice lawn in the middle of December- was surprised....oooh perhaps it's fake
    During interviews right? When abouts did you come up? I went on Wednesday 12th or thereabouts...I was cold...so, so cold. Damn nearly didn't make it to my room on first day. Hardest part of the whole interview period! On other days it was warmer, but rained a lot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    after we had left, well, you can imagine. pity they cant afford to grow a new one j/k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    During interviews right? When abouts did you come up? I went on Wednesday 12th or thereabouts...I was cold...so, so cold. Damn nearly didn't make it to my room on first day. Hardest part of the whole interview period! On other days it was warmer, but rained a lot...
    Got there on Tuesday evening. Interviews at Pem actually started the afternoon of Tuesday- some people were asked to come on Tuesday morning. My interview was on Thursday- left midday on Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    Got there on Tuesday evening. Interviews at Pem actually started the afternoon of Tuesday- some people were asked to come on Tuesday morning. My interview was on Thursday- left midday on Friday.
    Nice. I got there Wed, 2 interviews in an hour on Thurs, left on Fri morning. Kinda weird being there for 40 odds hours, but only 1 hour really mattering. Had a great time though - my friends, being interviewed at other colleges, actually came to Corpus coz they thought it was so much nicer than where they were .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    Nice. I got there Wed, 2 interviews in an hour on Thurs, left on Fri morning. Kinda weird being there for 40 odds hours, but only 1 hour really mattering. Had a great time though - my friends, being interviewed at other colleges, actually came to Corpus coz they thought it was so much nicer than where they were .
    So, have you considered what options you will choose for History?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.