Turn on thread page Beta

Iraq Mirror Photos: fake or true ? (CHAT Motivated Thread Rename) watch

ReputationRep:
    whos seen those pictures showing totured prisoners in iraq. the mirror is going way over the top on this matter and they are fake for a number of reasons:

1) there is no movement in the photos. if the soldier was really kicking the prisoner there would be blurring
    2) the wrong rifle is being held by the soldier and it is clean
    3) thje clothes are clean and there is no dirt or sweat on the victim or the clothes
    4) the clothes the victim is wearing are pre saddam and so may point out that the photos are taken by saddam loyalists
    5) you cannot see any faces in the picture
    6) would you take a photo of yourself doing something completely unnacceptable? i think not.

this is basically an idea riding on the back of the similar pictures taken by the american regiment. it is also just a story by the mirror to cause gossip.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're real, for the reasons you've mentioned and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)
    whos seen those pictures showing totured prisoners in iraq. the mirror is going way over the top on this matter and they are fake for a number of reasons:

1) there is no movement in the photos. if the soldier was really kicking the prisoner there would be blurring
    3) thje clothes are clean and there is no dirt or sweat on the victim or the clothes
    4) the clothes the victim is wearing are pre saddam and so may point out that the photos are taken by saddam loyalists
    6) would you take a photo of yourself doing something completely unnacceptable? i think not.

this is basically an idea riding on the back of the similar pictures taken by the american regiment. it is also just a story by the mirror to cause gossip.

I'd agree that they are fakes, but would disagree with points 4 and 6. It seems like British soldiers are responsible one way or another, and US soldiers happily photographed themselves abusing prisoners.
    There ought to be criminal charges whatever the outcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    I'd agree that they are fakes, but would disagree with points 4 and 6. It seems like British soldiers are responsible one way or another, and US soldiers happily photographed themselves abusing prisoners.
    There ought to be criminal charges whatever the outcome.
    Point 4 is valid - one "victim" is wearing a Syrian t-shirt - practical suicide in Basra.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that the photos are fakes. However, there is very very little hard proof that they are fakes. For instance all i hear about the phots is that there is no blurring, there is no dirt on the rifle of the uniform etc. etc.
    What we need is hard facts. For instance, the only thing coming close to evidence i can see is the claim that the pictures ahow the wrong rifle. Now, when i look at the photos, i can see where people are coming from on that, but you can't really tell as you don't get a good enough look at the rifle. Until we get move proper evidence, not all the 'oh, well the rifle is too small to jam into someone's nuts without bending down unnaturally far' kind of stuff, will i rest easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph_SOUTH)
    I really hope that the photos are fakes. However, there is very very little hard proof that they are fakes. For instance all i hear about the phots is that there is no blurring, there is no dirt on the rifle of the uniform etc. etc.
    What we need is hard facts. For instance, the only thing coming close to evidence i can see is the claim that the pictures ahow the wrong rifle. Now, when i look at the photos, i can see where people are coming from on that, but you can't really tell as you don't get a good enough look at the rifle. Until we get move proper evidence, not all the 'oh, well the rifle is too small to jam into someone's nuts without bending down unnaturally far' kind of stuff, will i rest easy.
    The truck that is in the photos but not in Iraq?

ReputationRep:
    Then no bluring thing is pretty week, as there are comercial cameras that can get decent action shots. Also, if it was sadam loyalists, would they shy away from kicking someone for their work? It seems to me that the real evidence is the equipement and clothes of the soldiers. The stuff on the Iraqis can be explained away easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superomega1)

They are complete BS. Anybody who doesn't recognize that obviously has never involved himself in or even witnessed an after hours brawl.

Stand outside a town center pub at 11:30pm on a Saturday night. You won't have to wait long before you see some half cut ****** doing the dosey-do with another tossbag.

Look at their clothes, their hands, their faces. Ripped, dirty, blood stained etc. That's what you'll see after just a flurry of punches over a 10 second period.

And here we with have this Iraqi who's had the benefit of a good kicking and rifle butting by not one, but several, trained soldiers in a state of sobrietry over a prolonged period. And not a scratch on him!

So, either the British Army is full of pansies that havn't got a clue how to adminster a good kickin (I doubt) or these photos are as genuine as a 30 bob note.

ReputationRep:
    the british left the beating of the iraqi's to the americans.....

ReputationRep:
    LOL true it doesn't really make any difference now .

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/05/13/story147432.html

The rules concerning Human Rights have already been violated and pissed on . There is no reason for the lawyers to suggest that the worse photographs should not be published because they will " humiliate " the prisoners . The new and " worse " photographs should be published all over the world in the first of every newspaper with headings against Mr.Bush and his greed . Which one is more humiliating , publishing abuse pictures of a single victim all over the world or covering it up ? He has spoken boastful words about his willingness to punish the culprits but hardly took any steps to meet the victims , let alone apologising to the graves of the raped prisoners eh . There's very good probability that they would cover it up if they received the pictures first . would they go to the daily mirror and ask them to publish them ? lol , wudn't .

Attacking Iraq was just a matter of casual chatting for the powerful presidens and CIA operatives

According to the grouchy old Mr.Rumsfield , the al-jajeera network and Arab televisions wrongly portrayed the wrongdoings of the illegal invaders as well as spread loads of garbages and lies about the us activities . As a matter of fact , the viewpoint of those networks were that of sceptics and appealing to humanity with investigative reporting . At least , those lies are far better than the lame news representing of the state-financed channels . Amnesty international or Redcross talked about the gentle treatment of prisoners long ago . US investigation was launched since January 2004 - with no effect , at least , published publicly .

No newspaper reports were published from January to April about the ongoing investigation . oh yes , who wants to cover up NOW ? We have to arrive at the scene AFTER the fight has taken place as the police like in the movies ! Mr.Bush needed an execuse to get the oil . Nothing has changed inside Iraq , or the issues relating to society . By paper , Iraq has changed a lot to impress the chuckling mr.Bush , in reality , the raped women are either killed by the US Army Personnels , or their monsterous family / husbands .

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.