HassanD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello all, I have been applying for jobs online for quite a while now and I just get rejected over and over again. I don't have any experience so that's probably the reason but I mean it will take me less than a week to learn everything for an entry level job...

I am on a gap year and so when they ask for my availability I put down all hours, everyday of the week, but still no luck.

So now I am wondering if it's better to go to the stores and hand in CVs, etc, but I am not sure if they still accept this as everything is now done online. So can someone help me out on this one, what do you think is better?
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Retail? you should probably just go and hand your CV in and ask them to get back to you if they have any vacancies.. but there are a lot Christmas jobs going on right now, try applying for them

good luck
HassanD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
Retail? you should probably just go and hand your CV in and ask them to get back to you if they have any vacancies.. but there are a lot Christmas jobs going on right now, try applying for them

good luck
Alright I will try that, also should I get some retail experience in charity shops? I simply can't be bothered but if it's a must then I might as well, what do you think?
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HassanD)
Alright I will try that, also should I get some retail experience in charity shops? I simply can't be bothered but if it's a must then I might as well, what do you think?
Well i recently applied for a Christmas job and i have no experience in retail but i got the job:/

But yeah any experience you do get will help strengthen your application, try high street shops like next, Primark etc
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HassanD)
Hello all, I have been applying for jobs online for quite a while now and I just get rejected over and over again. I don't have any experience so that's probably the reason but I mean it will take me less than a week to learn everything for an entry level job...

I am on a gap year and so when they ask for my availability I put down all hours, everyday of the week, but still no luck.

So now I am wondering if it's better to go to the stores and hand in CVs, etc, but I am not sure if they still accept this as everything is now done online. So can someone help me out on this one, what do you think is better?
Some places require you to apply online, but plenty still accept CV's.
Mr Inquisitive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If they ask you to submit an online app, submit it online. If they don't have a preference between online apps & handing your CV in store, it's best to go and give your CV in personally (ask to see the manager).

Next, where I used to work, is a great place to get your foot in the door. They don't require any previous experience, just flexibility.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (154)
60.39%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed