Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi..... .....Yea, I was, how come you didn't go?... ......Hello?..... You there?.......... Well if you don't want to talk, then leave a message after the beep.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have:

[strong Russki accent] Hello. This is the K G B. Please leave your name and coordinates and we will make sure we get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    To the friends them:
    "You'd better leave a message before you go away..Clap clap clap clap clap.
    I don't believe that there is nothing you can say
    Short instrumental
    I'll get back to you. and i will return your call
    I'll get back to you, if you say you want me tooooooooo :cool:

ReputationRep:
    my mobile has stupid default woman going "this is the virgin answer phone service....etc etc etc"

i suck at leaving messages tho, my mouth has a mind of its own...i make up words and go err err all the time:mad: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    We just got a new cordless for our home phone so we have this stupid woman who says "You call can not be taken at this moment, please leave a name and number after the beep and well get back to you." BLAND!!!!

Its the same woman who says: "This call could not be connected, please check the number then try again..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Mine is...
    "welcome to the Orange answerphone..." How boring??!
    Mine is the same as that. I did do my own message for a while, but friends took the mickey out of my 'message' so I changed it.

ReputationRep:
    mine says "this is the o2 answering service...."

but one of my mates went

"hi<pause> how've you been<pause> sorry i cant hear you<pause> i really cant hear you, talk louder...still cant hear you....duh thats coz your talking to an answering machine. leave your message after the beep."

it got me every time, i felt such an idiot standing in the stret shouting HELLO, to an answering machie!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    one of my friends had one that went something like this (tho this was a little while ago so i can't remember the exact wording):

(with strong northern accent): eyt thir'y ey emm in the big brotha 'ouse - so&so is busy feedin' the chickens. soo pleeez leave yur message after the torne, and he will phone you back when he is evicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    mine says "this is the o2 answering service...."

but one of my mates went

"hi<pause> how've you been<pause> sorry i cant hear you<pause> i really cant hear you, talk louder...still cant hear you....duh thats coz your talking to an answering machine. leave your message after the beep."

it got me every time, i felt such an idiot standing in the stret shouting HELLO, to an answering machie!

love Katy ***
    that's pretty good... it sounds a bit like the bit in Home Alone 2, where Caulkin books a hotel via a deep throated recorded messsage (perfectly anticipated). anyone remember that?

ReputationRep:
    {looks shifty} Don't remember that honestly. Didn't have one of those machines as a result honestly!

My friend used to have "[lionelrichie] Hello? Is it me you're looking for[/lionelrichie] If so leave your name and number after the beep"
    Unfortunately she had to change it because all she would get was people laughing their head off instead of any messages.
    Mine's just "You have reached the voicemail messaging service for : {goes through my number sooooo slowly} Even more annoyingly my boyfriend's is the same and I hear that far too often

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it isn't really an answerphone message, but my grandad (He's pretty wierd) always answers the phone with some thing really random, like 'Gunnislake Gas Works' 'Battersea Dogs Home' or 'Scunthope Spam Factory'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    I suppose it isn't really an answerphone message, but my grandad (He's pretty wierd) always answers the phone with some thing really random, like 'Gunnislake Gas Works' 'Battersea Dogs Home' or 'Scunthope Spam Factory'
    Ha! my brother did "Brisbane Mental Asylum, how the hell may i help you?"

ReputationRep:
    My mate had. "Hello (pause). Oh hi, how are you? (pause)I'm fine myself(pause). Listen, do you know that you're speaking to an answer machine?(pause). No, so leave a message after the tone".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Ok, Here guys, I want you to post what it is you have on your answering machine/message bank.

On my message bank on my mobile I have...

"This message bank is connected to a 5000 V power supply which has been wired to this small kitten **sounds of pathetic mewing in background**. Leave a message or fluffy here gets it, the choice is yours-"
    i have a scooby doo one cant remember quite what it says..something along the lines of so like leave a message here or unless your a ghost, right scoob? or summat like that..must listen to it...

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have (when i remember to do it).
    Hi, i can't come to the phone now. Please leave your message after the 50th beep.
    Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep............................ ................................ ................................ ................................ ...........................
    What you talking for, they haven't finished yet, beep............................ ...............................
    That was only 49 you know, here it comes *drum roll in background*.... BEEP! (really loud beep, to deafen them).

ReputationRep:
    recording an answer phone message
    "hi, i cant reach the phone at the moment. please leave a message after the fart................damn it didnt sound loud enough, oh well I better turn on the bubbles now"

ReputationRep:
    "pleeeeth leaf a missige, this is ALice's fone. *giggle*" My niece wanted to do it for me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    "pleeeeth leaf a missige, this is ALice's fone. *giggle*" My niece wanted to do it for me :rolleyes:
    rumbled .... you have a niece!
    how old is she then?

my cousin has two kids aged 7 & 5, does that make me an uncle or a 2nd cousin?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't changed mine, but the best suggestion I've heard was

"Aaargh, not the beep, its out to get me! Get your hands off me! Noooo..........BEEP"

ReputationRep:
    My brother put one on my moblie phone before:

Sorry, I can’t get to the phone right now, but my ass is so big I’m stuck in the door. Give me few years to eat my way out, and then I’ll return your call

I have no idea either, it was on their for a month or more :eek:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.