BTEC/HND/HNC/Foundation Degree Graduates.. Watch

elmosandy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
This isn't a putdown or anything...

Anyone who did a BTEC HNC/HND and/or Foundation Degrees...

How was it competing for jobs? And are you in a Good Job now or not? Are you stuck in a dead end or are you doing 10x better than your peers who went the ' traditional route' ( gcse's, a-levels,uni,masters,phd,etc)
elmosandy
Rep:
?
BUMP
elmosandy
Rep:
?
bump
elmosandy
Rep:
?
BUMP
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd be interested to know too. I'm currently doing an HNC, due to not having good A Levels to go straight into a decent uni. My plan is to at least finish this HNC and try to get a decent related career-type job with it next year. If I fail to get work then I'll return to college the following academic year and continue on to HND, repeating the cycle of trying to get a job after that, if not then going to uni and getting a degree, etc. I don't like studying though so I'd rather just get a job asap tbh, but we'll see what happens
askew116
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by elmosandy)
This isn't a putdown or anything...

Anyone who did a BTEC HNC/HND and/or Foundation Degrees...

How was it competing for jobs? And are you in a Good Job now or not? Are you stuck in a dead end or are you doing 10x better than your peers who went the ' traditional route' ( gcse's, a-levels,uni,masters,phd,etc)
I'm an HND graduate but am currently topping up my HND to a BA (same uni). The reason I went for the HND was that it had more practical elements than the BA, and I didn't get good A Levels.

I ended up with a Distinction on my HND, and am told I'm currently borderline between a 1st and a 2:1 on the BA. I actually intend to do a Masters after the degree, so it does go to show that all is not over, education wise, if you don't get good A Levels.
Itsmarc971
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
guys i just want to ask if do foundation degree students have graduation ceremony?
FlyseaSo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by askew116)
I'm an HND graduate but am currently topping up my HND to a BA (same uni). The reason I went for the HND was that it had more practical elements than the BA, and I didn't get good A Levels.

I ended up with a Distinction on my HND, and am told I'm currently borderline between a 1st and a 2:1 on the BA. I actually intend to do a Masters after the degree, so it does go to show that all is not over, education wise, if you don't get good A Levels.
Are you self funding? I am thinking of doing a HND since i failed my second year of univesity (no chance of retaking the year) i have enough funding left for 2 years from SFE. I was orginally studying BSc computer science and was wondering if a HND would give me the same job oppertunities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (90)
58.44%
Yes- I don't like it (8)
5.19%
No- I want it (46)
29.87%
No- I don't want it (10)
6.49%

Watched Threads