misini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
assess strategies that managment may use to respond to influjences on operations
what is this question asking me to do
JessicaLucy09
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
ou have to break down the question into its different components.

Assess the strategies that management may use to respond to influences on operations

From this you can see you have to:

1. Talk about the influences on operations with clear examples (case studies)
2. Judge the effectiveness of the strategies in their response to the influences (pick a handful from the syllabus, don't do them all as you can't cover all of them in sufficient detail)

The key is to have a direct link between each section of the essay. Start by highlighting the the influence on operations for a business and talk about the possible outcomes. E.g the effect of globalisation can lead to increased worldwide competition, in turn leading to potential decreases in market share and profits. In order to show higher order understanding i would try and integrate some sort of relevant real life business example.

You would then link this by saying how a business can adopt a strategy of introducing leading edge technology in order to produce more efficiently, accordingly allowing the firm to offer lower prices and thus increase sales/market share once again. Again, the use of real world examples is vital as it will differentiate yourself from a similar student who has studied the course on the theory aspect. Do this for each strategy you do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.62%
Uncertainty around my education (196)
15.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (141)
11.05%
Lack of purpose or motivation (181)
14.18%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (57)
4.47%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (72)
5.64%
Loneliness (112)
8.78%
Financial worries (45)
3.53%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.55%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (68)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (112)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (117)
9.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed