The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Question about application

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my applicantion. I'm not from UK and I need IELTS exam, which will be in February. I don't know if I should write something and send application now or do it after I receive my results?
Reply 1
Hi!

A lot of my friends are in a similar situation. They have all applied to university but have yet to meet their IELTS requirements. I think it would be easier if you apply now and then do your IELTS test when it is time. I don't do IELTS so I'm not sure how you have to fill it out on your UCAS form but I'm guessing you just have to put your IELTS score as pending.

If your universities decide to give you a place, you will probably get a conditional offer to get for example AAA and 6.5 for IELTS with 6 in every component. If you meet your IELTS requirements in February when you do the test, great but if not, you'll have to repeat your IELTS test until you do. I just think it will be easier if you apply now rather than wait for after you get your IELTS results because you're more likely to get an offer now than later when course places will have almost filled up :smile:

Hope this helps! Good luck! :smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest