The Student Room Group

What is his problem?!

I'm a normal sociable girl and I met this guy earlier this year and we have a lot in common and things to talk about. He excessively compliments me about my personality and such, out of the blue he'll tell me how funny, charismatic, intelligent and interesting I am in front of lots of people and be really forthcoming.

However, whenever we are talking alone he acts very awkward and just stares at me very intensely. It is unusual as we will be talking about something very normal but he begins to become uncomfortable and then distances himself out of a sudden.

Once we were walking down the street talking about uni and he asks me what I think of him and tells me how he finds me so interestng and funny and as soon as I start talking about other things he suddenly says he needs to go a different direction really abruptly. Also, when he has seen me stressed he tells me how much 'faith' he has in me. wtf?

After a few of these instances, I get the impression he may be interested in me. We started talking over messaging but then suddenly out of the blue he becomes very cold and distant. He never initates to meet up at all and is very terse.

So I assume, ok he isn't very interested so I stop messaging. But everytime we have run into each other he literally comes right up to me and starts talking to me. Once I was sitting in the library and I waved hello and did my own thing. He starts swearing really loudly on his laptop and my friends were saying how he was trying to get my attention. Also, he keeps staring at me intensely.

I have helped him out at events and he is extremely attentive and constantly checks if im ok and worries if im confused about anything. but as soon as I start responding to him he backs off immediately?

He is very very sociable with other people and is at such ease. I have felt very confused by him and it kind of hurts how I just don't understand his agenda. His lack of initation in pursuing a kind of friendship hurts but he keeps doing these odd things.

It has really hurt me as I started to really develop feelings for him and I constantly feel rejected. He cut contact with me recently after I overtly told him how I felt, and it hurts as friends were so sure he liked me and such.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Trottoir
X

Moved to Relationships forum
Reply 2
bump
It's very difficult to make sense of what's going on. There's only one thing to do. Be honest and open with him, just talk to him and ask him why he acts odd around you sometimes. He seems to be interested in you. So why not tell him how you feel about him, and ask him how he feels about you? Talk to him :smile: in fact, go get your phone and text him right now. Even just to say hello or to ask what he's up to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by FasterThanFTL
It's very difficult to make sense of what's going on. There's only one thing to do. Be honest and open with him, just talk to him and ask him why he acts odd around you sometimes. He seems to be interested in you. So why not tell him how you feel about him, and ask him how he feels about you? Talk to him :smile: in fact, go get your phone and text him right now. Even just to say hello or to ask what he's up to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

he never replies to me :frown:
Reply 5
bump
Ask him what his problem is and why he acts like he's interested in you one minute and then the next minute distances himself from you? Maybe he's doing it because he doesn't know how to show you that he likes you?
Does he have a fir coat? Because he sounds like a plaaaayaaaaaahhhh
He sounds like he's seriously interested in you, but also seriously shy - if you are interested in HIM, don't be afraid to make the first move and try to get him to commit to a coffee or something.
Reply 9
Original post by Calpurnia
He sounds like he's seriously interested in you, but also seriously shy - if you are interested in HIM, don't be afraid to make the first move and try to get him to commit to a coffee or something.

its weird because I am intimidated by him :frown:
Maybe he has a gf back home and is scared of getting too involved ???
Reply 11
He sounds like a bit of a weirdo to be honest...not in control of himself..
Reply 12
Sorry to be blunt, but he's a grade A player.

He knows exactly how to mess with your mind, and make you think about him, and desire him. It's working, let's be honest

I'm only saying this, as I do exactly the same thing sometimes.

Women generally go crazy if you ignore them. Every guy knows that.
Reply 13
if you want to get with a girl, show her lots of attention, then ignore her. Pretend you don't care

She's starts panicking about why the attention has stopped, and starts trying to get it back. By showing him attention.

Sorry, you're just being played. He probably does this with many women.

It's just a trick. A game. He's probably hoping you end up drunk one night, and sleep with him
Reply 14
He is quite a nice guy though and devout religious, though liberal
To be honest, he can be either a player or shy. But in both cases I do not think it will work the relationship... Don't fall for him and find another one :wink:
He sounds a little passive aggressive - why is he swearing to get your attention?! I don't think he knows the best way to approach you , so his actions seem weird! Just ask him out , then maybe he would calm down.
Reply 17
Original post by stargirl63
He sounds a little passive aggressive - why is he swearing to get your attention?! I don't think he knows the best way to approach you , so his actions seem weird! Just ask him out , then maybe he would calm down.

he doesn't seem to want to be in contact with me..
Reply 18
bump
Reply 19
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending