Plummie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know of any refuting evidence for this theory as I'm having a hard time finding some. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Revd. Mike
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The best I can think of is "the psychodynamic approach is rubbish".

Lol, generally that's my answer for refuting the pd approach for anything hehe, that and "Freud was a bit kooky in the head".

Seriously thought, the usual refutation for anything psychodynamic is that it lacks a testable scienitfic base.
mipmapped
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Psychodynamic theory isn't a testable one, so it's not a proper scientific theory.
Revd. Mike
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I got your PM. I can't think of any study that refutes the psychodynamic theory, but that's because it's not a testable theory. That *is* the refutation for it.
tbirchmore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Theory may or may not be testable - this is debatable and it depends on which part of the theory you want to research. But testing practice is another matter and there is now much evidence that psychodynamic therapy is effective.
_Sinnie_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That post is 10 years old!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (929)
42.71%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
18.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads