The Student Room Group

I failed my Royal Navy recruitment test

I'm so gutted that I failed , It was only by 4 marks but still really disappointing. It was the maths that let me down.

I am resitting the test next June and I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation ? I want to know if anybody has any tips or things that helped them pass it.

If I don't pass it next year that's it , I can't re apply again , which is kinda worrying. So if anybody has anything , I would really love any help at all.
Original post by meghumee
I'm so gutted that I failed , It was only by 4 marks but still really disappointing. It was the maths that let me down.

I am resitting the test next June and I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation ? I want to know if anybody has any tips or things that helped them pass it.

If I don't pass it next year that's it , I can't re apply again , which is kinda worrying. So if anybody has anything , I would really love any help at all.

Hi,
Just noticed no-one had responded, thought I might try and help out. Which part did you fail at? The Psychometric? FATs? AIB?
I'm just about to go and do my FATs so I've passed the Psychometric part.
If it's the Psychometric you didn't pass then I would recommend getting the Psychometric test for dummies book. It's really helpful :smile: If it's the other parts, then I should be able to tell you about it in a couple of weeks... if everything goes well :wink:

:smile:
Reply 2
Meg, totally endorse Saffy's recommendation for the Dummies Psychometric Tests, also the Tough Interview questions book. I use them constantly to keep skills current.

Perseverance is the name of the game, so don't give up at the first hurdle. You'll get there!
Reply 3
I looked into the book and decided to get it , I never really thought those kinda books worked , but i'll give it a shot :smile:
Thanks so much for replying :smile: hopefully the book works haha
Original post by meghumee
I looked into the book and decided to get it , I never really thought those kinda books worked , but i'll give it a shot :smile:
Thanks so much for replying :smile: hopefully the book works haha

You're welcome :smile: It really helped me. Good luck!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest