The Student Room Group

How much do you spend in total a month?

I posted earlier about if I could afford to move out, and because I've never moved out of home for uni or anything I'm after as much advice as possible. So instead of asking more questions on that thread I thought I would just start a new one.

So, please give me an idea of how much you spend per month in total, from stuff like gas/ electric bills to food & other household stuff like cleaning products etc. ideally from people who currently live on their own, as I will be living on my own.

And where's the best place to shop for this stuff!!
Original post by izzy_xo
I posted earlier about if I could afford to move out, and because I've never moved out of home for uni or anything I'm after as much advice as possible. So instead of asking more questions on that thread I thought I would just start a new one.

So, please give me an idea of how much you spend per month in total, from stuff like gas/ electric bills to food & other household stuff like cleaning products etc. ideally from people who currently live on their own, as I will be living on my own.

And where's the best place to shop for this stuff!!

Rent: £280
Gas/Electric (top up) £25 when we have the heating on a lot (each in a house of 4)
Internet: £5.50ish (each in a house of 4)
Water: £12 (each in a house of 4)
Food: £100 (absolute maximum but more like £60-75)
Depends where you live.
on your own your rent can range from 100+ depending on where you are in the country.
utilities at cheapest are 30 a week for everything - maybe up to about 50 on your own in a more expensive place.
food is 30 a week
extras needed 20 a week
so about 900-1000 a month should be ok?
Reply 3
About £1100 last month
Reply 4
Original post by Reue
About £1100 last month

Forgot to say I won't be paying rent (see last post) but I do have a horse...
Rent: £400.00
Council Tax: £94.00
Gas/Electricity: £60.00
Water: £44.00
Internet/Phoneline: £30.00
Mobile: £70.00 (3 x Contract Phones)
Food: £100.00
Reply 6
Rent/bills: £550
Taxes: £286
Parents: £250
Savings: £200
Food: £200
Misc: Varies a lot
Rent: £50
Phone: £38.16
Internet: £25.40
Car finance: £114.15
Savings: £100(at least, I usually have more left over at the end of the month.)
Food: £100-£150 (this also includes cleaning products and shampoo, toilet roll etc).
Diesel: £100-£150
I also paid £76 for oil this month, but that should last the rest of the year hopefully.
My boyfriend pays for electric, which works out at £20ish every 4 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Rent - £200
Council tax - £31
Car insurance - £35
Me and my partner's phone bills - £30
Internet - £35
Gas - £20
Electricity - £40
Food - £100
Cat food and litter - £30