Sixth Form or College? (Future in fashion)

Watch
yzxv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello. I need answer so I can sort out my choices.

I have to do foundation diploma to get into Central Saint Martins or London College of Fashion but I don't know if I can do A Levels in Fashion and/or Textiles and it's going to be foundation too or you can only do foundation course at the College.

I don't know what's the difference between these courses at Sixth Form and College. I'm not really interested in College and I heard it's better to do A Levels anyway. Basically I should do A Levels at Sixth Form and of course in subjects I want which is Fashion and/or Textiles but then, what's with this foundation diploma that I need? Sixth Form does offer it? Or you have to do it at College? So like in this case I have to do A Levels in subjects of my choice but also foundation course? And at College?

Correct me if I am wrong and what's the best choice.
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At a sixthform college, it'll be doing alevels in fashion or textiles, and also art and design alevel as well another one or two alevel subjects (4 minimum in total, you can drop one subject for the second yr of alevels) . At an uni college, you do a foundation course which is more focused on your chosen subject but some unis don't accept people who've only done foundation courses and no alevels. Only a few unis accept students to do a degree from a foundation course qualification. People who do foundation courses are usually those with poor alevels.

Art colleges are not part of UCAS, you can apply any time as long as you have a good extensive portfolio and you can apply to as many as you want. Usually people apply after alevels because after alevels, you have more variety in your portfolio and it's more built up and more mature artwork.

Maybe you should try doing alevels first, if you don't do well you still have the option of doing a foundation course. If you do a foundation course and don't get into a uni, then there's a problem. It'll be hard to go back and do alevels then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (278)
15.43%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.59%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.88%
Isolating with family (128)
7.1%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (81)
4.5%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.32%
Loneliness (178)
9.88%
Financial worries (74)
4.11%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (166)
9.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (129)
7.16%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.82%

Watched Threads