The Student Room Group

RCSI Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rochelle Louis
Yes, they will let us know by email.

I'm not sure about the acceptance rate.
How was your interview?

My interview was a lot of fun to be honest. How was yours?

I think that I read somewhere that there is a deposit you have to put down if you want to accept and then you have to pay first years tuition in full before you start. I could be wrong though.

Do you know how many non-eu applicants there were and how many interviews were given out? (for the 6 year, 5 year, and 4 year courses)
Original post by mcat123
My interview was a lot of fun to be honest. How was yours?

I think that I read somewhere that there is a deposit you have to put down if you want to accept and then you have to pay first years tuition in full before you start. I could be wrong though.

Do you know how many non-eu applicants there were and how many interviews were given out? (for the 6 year, 5 year, and 4 year courses)

Mine went well :smile:
Yes, $10,000 I think. Don't quote me on that.
An accepted student would have to pay 50% of the fee before the start date.

Not sure. I haven't really found any statistics on the admissions procedure.
has anyone had an offer yet? i had my interview February 20th.
I spoke to someone from the college and they said that they'd let us know about the outcome of the interview most probably by the end of March.
Reply 44
Hi Everyone, I had my interview March 3rd, I'm an international applicant from Canada, and received my offer in the mail today :smile:!!! My conditional is an 85% overall in my top six Gr. 12 courses including mathematics and Chemistry. Good luck to everyone else still awaiting responses.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by oebham
Hi Everyone, I had my interview March 3rd, I'm an international applicant from Canada, and received my offer in the mail today :smile:!!! My conditional is an 85% overall in my top six Gr. 12 courses including mathematics and Biology. Good luck to everyone else still awaiting responses.

Email or physical mail
Reply 46
Original post by matthew1151
Email or physical mail

Physical mail! By courier to my door.
Original post by oebham
Physical mail! By courier to my door.

Thats going to cause so much crap omg
Reply 48
Are you 5 or 6 years?
Reply 49
Original post by oebham
Hi Everyone, I had my interview March 3rd, I'm an international applicant from Canada, and received my offer in the mail today :smile:!!! My conditional is an 85% overall in my top six Gr. 12 courses including mathematics and Chemistry. Good luck to everyone else still awaiting responses.

5 or 6 years?
Reply 50
Original post by HKG95
5 or 6 years?

6 for now, may or may not be reduced to 5, because I have AP's.
does RCSI use the predicted grades and academics after interview as well?
Congratulations on the offer oebham :smile:
If you don't mind could you let me know what your predicted grades are?
Reply 53
Gave my interview at the beginning of March and waiting for their reply. I heard the RCSI will start releasing offer letters at the beginning of next week...
Reply 54
Those of you who got interviews, would you mind mentioning where you applied from (e.g. Europe, North America, etc); which program you applied for (4-, 5-, or 6-year); and whether you're a highschool, undergrad or grad student? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Has RCSI already sent all their interview invites? I applied in November, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if I should just assume that I'm not going to get an interview at this point...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by DrKero
Those of you who got interviews, would you mind mentioning where you applied from (e.g. Europe, North America, etc); which program you applied for (4-, 5-, or 6-year); and whether you're a highschool, undergrad or grad student? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Has RCSI already sent all their interview invites? I applied in November, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if I should just assume that I'm not going to get an interview at this point...

Hi DrKero! So I am an undergrad student and I applied for the 5-year program. I applied from Canada. I don't think they sent all their interview invites because the official deadline to submit completed applications is April 2015 so don't quite lose hope yet! :smile: Plus, I heard that they invite most of the applicants to an interview so I think this is a little too early to assume that you will no longer get an interview invitation :smile:
Original post by Gwin
Hi DrKero! So I am an undergrad student and I applied for the 5-year program. I applied from Canada. I don't think they sent all their interview invites because the official deadline to submit completed applications is April 2015 so don't quite lose hope yet! :smile: Plus, I heard that they invite most of the applicants to an interview so I think this is a little too early to assume that you will no longer get an interview invitation :smile:

Original post by DrKero

hi.. i don't understand what you guys mean by which program you apply for? RCSI decides which program is eligible for you based on interview and academic as mentioned on their website.
link: http://www.rcsi.ie/admissionsfaqs

the first point clearly states [h="2"]Can I choose to apply for the 6 or 5 year programme?[/h] No, you apply for the 5/6 year medical programme. It is the Admissions Committee that places students in the appropriate year for which they are deemed eligible.

Reply 57
Original post by Paras Agarwal
hi.. i don't understand what you guys mean by which program you apply for? RCSI decides which program is eligible for you based on interview and academic as mentioned on their website.
link: http://www.rcsi.ie/admissionsfaqs

the first point clearly states [h="2"]Can I choose to apply for the 6 or 5 year programme?[/h] No, you apply for the 5/6 year medical programme. It is the Admissions Committee that places students in the appropriate year for which they are deemed eligible.

So I applied through the Atlantic Bridge Program and the first step was to fill out an Application Request Form in which I had to fill out my academic details (ie. completed three years of undergrad, taken courses like Physiology and Anatomy). Based on this, the Atlantic Bridge sent me the application form for the 5-year medicine program. Here is the link: (it says that applicants who have already completed a few years of undergrad are eligible for the 5-year program)

http://www.atlanticbridge.com/medicine/faq/

Hope that helps! :-)
Reply 58
Original post by Gwin

Thank you Gwin :smile: I thought the application deadline was much earlier than April, but I hope you're right. Congrats on your interview invite and hope it went well!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by DrKero
Thank you Gwin :smile: I thought the application deadline was much earlier than April, but I hope you're right. Congrats on your interview invite and hope it went well!

Thank you! Let's hope for the best :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending