The Student Room Group

How to get a guy

Hi! Im 13 and i'm in year 9 and i want to know how to get a bf before christmas since it'd be romantic. Before anyone calls me a s**t i want to say that a TONN of people im friends with already have bfs and theyve already done stuff with them and i feel left out which is why i want one too.

I was wondering how i get one tho? like how do you get guys to want to date u? my friends are constantly poking fun at me for it and it rly upsets me.

Scroll to see replies

Theyre just jealous you aren't a chav
Reply 2
13!?

I see being a single teen mum in your future.
Reply 3
First, grow up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Gambit92
13!?

i want a bf. i dont want a child until im at least 18 lol
Original post by Jesties
Hi! Im 13 and i'm in year 9 and i want to know how to get a bf before christmas since it'd be romantic. Before anyone calls me a s**t i want to say that a TONN of people im friends with already have bfs and theyve already done stuff with them and i feel left out which is why i want one too.

I was wondering how i get one tho? like how do you get guys to want to date u? my friends are constantly poking fun at me for it and it rly upsets me.

So you want one because you feel left out? You're young, you don't need one right now. Just because your friends have one doesn't mean you have to follow the crowd and get one too. Explain to your friends it's not right to poke fun at you because you haven't got a boyfriend and don't aim to find a guy just because of your friends. You have plenty of time for that
Reply 6

im not that small xD im 5'3
13!?

Dang it, wanted to rep that :laugh::laugh:
Reply 8
Err, yeah no. The reasons you listed for wanting a boyfriend is exactly why you shouldn't get one.
Reply 9
Original post by Safiya122
So you want one because you feel left out? You're young, you don't need one right now. Just because your friends have one doesn't mean you have to follow the crowd and get one too. Explain to your friends it's not right to poke fun at you because you haven't got a boyfriend and don't aim to find a guy just because of your friends. You have plenty of time for that

Thank you :smile: that makes me feel better and i've told my friends too stop but they just dont and i kind of want one since Becky's bf is rly cute and he kind of seems to like me...
Go to sleep, it's bed time.
Does your mum know you're awake?
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Go to sleep, it's bed time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Original post by Jesties
Thank you :smile: that makes me feel better and i've told my friends too stop but they just dont and i kind of want one since Becky's bf is rly cute and he kind of seems to like me...

I'm glad it has :smile: but if you're friends are still continuing it, then they're obviously not good friends and I'd suggest finding better people to hang around with. And don't feel pressurized because of your friends and their boyfriends, honestly at this age, most guys are really immature. I'm a few years older than you and I can't be bothered with guys because of this reason! From what I can tell, you just want one because of your friends..just focus on your studies, friends and family for now. Guys is an issue you can worry about for when you're older.
Reply 13
Original post by HassanD
Err, yeah no. The reasons you listed for wanting a boyfriend is exactly why you shouldn't get one.

why should i want one? i got told by my mum that she had already had 4 bfs by my age
They're not hamsters- you can't just "get" one!
Reply 15
Original post by Safiya122
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad it has :smile: but if you're friends are still continuing it, then they're obviously not good friends and I'd suggest finding better people to hang around with. And don't feel pressurized because of your friends and their boyfriends, honestly at this age, most guys are really immature. I'm a few years older than you and I can't be bothered with guys because of this reason! From what I can tell, you just want one because of your friends..just focus on your studies, friends and family for now. Guys is an issue you can worry about for when you're older.

but i wear make up to get boys to notice me and whats the point in wearing it if its not for boys?
Original post by Jesties
i want a bf. i dont want a child until im at least 18 lol

Well, I'm not going to call you names. It is your choice but you're too young. Your friends aren't cool for having sex (at 13 smh) and they shouldn't be making fun of you. They're probably jealous that you're not easy like them.
Reply 17
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
They're not hamsters- you can't just "get" one!

how do i attract one then?
Original post by Jesties
why should i want one? i got told by my mum that she had already had 4 bfs by my age

Oh and she's proud of that? It's not going to get you anywhere or anything. It's going to waste your time and will do more harm than good, drop it and find something else to do, trust me it's just a complete waste of time and energy.
Reply 19
Well, I'm not going to call you names. It is your choice but you're too young. Your friends aren't cool for having sex (at 13 smh) and they shouldn't be making fun of you. They're probably jealous that you're not easy like them.

why would they be jealous tho? people brag in school about how its fun to have s*x and i get called stupid for not doing the same

Quick Reply

Latest