CuriousStudent_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone!

So I want to apply to Uni for next year and do film production, however, the hardest decision is actually making the right choice because there is SO much to consider

My first 3 choices are:
Ravensbourne - BA Digital Film Production
UAL - LCC - BA Film Practice or BA Film & Television
UCA - BA Film Production

If you go to any of these courses or unis, planning on going could you tell me why you chose it?

I've heard negative things about both Ravensbourne and UAL which is putting me off and they were my top choices. Some comments consist of lack of facilities and equipment, the lectures are not relevant or current and sometimes lack of support to students and a waste of money!

If you guys could help out
Tyler Bam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here.
BhaveenaG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CuriousStudent_)
Hi everyone!

So I want to apply to Uni for next year and do film production, however, the hardest decision is actually making the right choice because there is SO much to consider

My first 3 choices are:
Ravensbourne - BA Digital Film Production
UAL - LCC - BA Film Practice or BA Film & Television
UCA - BA Film Production

If you go to any of these courses or unis, planning on going could you tell me why you chose it?

I've heard negative things about both Ravensbourne and UAL which is putting me off and they were my top choices. Some comments consist of lack of facilities and equipment, the lectures are not relevant or current and sometimes lack of support to students and a waste of money!

If you guys could help out
Hey, so I'm a 1st year and go to Ravensbourne. I'm doing fashion accessory design so I'm not sure how much help I would be. I suggest you go to each uni and have a look around and talk to the lecturers and students! If you haven't done that already, Ravensbourne is amazing. Its extremely well respected by industry and your employ-ability rate when you leave is sky high. I personally love it because its small. Its locations is perfect and iv learned so much already. My lectures are good. I'm not 100% sure about your course though. The facilities are great but I will say, if our not organised with your time or production you will struggle with equipment. I left the making of my last project late as well as others and I struggled to find a sewing machine that was free. That was partly my fault but still hahah. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
19.08%

Watched Threads