Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I want to apply for biomedical sciences but I am so confused at the amount of courses there are! Bsc 4 year, 3 year foundaion, 3 year no foundation, 4 year SW. I can't find a website that explains all this to me and which is the most respected course to take! Help will be gladly received! Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    If you go here and open "how do I find the best course for me?" that might help a bit. Otherwise, ask specifically what you're not sure of and someone here might be able to help

    A foundation year is usually for people who don't have the right subjects or perhaps grades to bring them up to speed. I think SW stands for sandwich course, which means you do a work placement within your degree, hence it being 4 years instead of a 3.

University open days

  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.