Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding AS French quite dull...probably because we are doing lots of grammar, and I'm finding it all quite difficult!

ReputationRep:
    I do both AS French and German and I find both courses quite interesting. In French, I have one teacher who teaches us loads of grammar, which the majority of our small class moan about, saying it's dull, whereas I find it quite interesting, although I'm a complete language geek Nonetheless, I still find the rest of the course interesting too, even the social aspects of the lessons, which I have noticed many people in this thread have referred to as another PSHE lesson.:p: The only part of the course which I do find slightly boring is the whole role play thing. It bores the hell out of me:p:

Anyways, must dash...speak later!

Gooner! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm not fond of the role playing either, which is odd considering I'm a Drama student.
    I loved the grammar at AS, and I still love it at A2. Also a language geek

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE languages. I do 3 as well (2 at A2 and 1 at AS) and I love them totally. My best marks come in my languages and I love the culture and civilisation perspective, its great. Want to study French and German at degree level as well Also thinking about taking up Italian next year as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterfly_girl_5)
    I love languages. I did 3 for GCSE and got A*s with hardly any work. I was convinced i wanted to do 3 modern langauge A-levels- but now iv started them i find it so boring.

I hate the syllabus- its so boring- its like doing PHSE in french/german/ect. I dont feel like iv improved in my languages at all (I started french and german).

I think it might be partly my teachers- we work out of the text book alll the time- and language text books are always so boring. Plus- its obvious the topics are just supposed to be a medium on which to learn the language, and the text books are meant to be a tool for familiarizing us with the syllabus.

Im moving schools now because i dnt enjoy the french and german at the school im currently going to- and in the other school im going to its apparently really good.

Sorry for the rambling, incoherent nature of this- I was just wondering if other people are having the same experience
    Definitely - my AS/A2 level german syllabus was basically my general studies syllabus, only in german. I enjoyed the lessons, though, because our class had only 6 people in it, and it was a good laugh .

The actual subject content was pretty dull, but the main thing to remember - especially for A2 - that as long as you have an opinion on something, you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice ill take that on board as i am doing as spanish. Obviosuly ill have to back up the opinions and use a verity of tenses along with complex sentences it isnt gcse
    !!

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually, I would advise you to stick to simpler forms of sentence structure. Stick with things that you know 100% backwards and forwards, so you don't mess it up. I used some pretty basic structure in my A2 oral, and I came out with a B. Obviously if you can manage complex stuff - and with practise, anything is possible - then go for it. But simpler is generally easier, and so you're less likely to go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ :eek: Demon offering academic advise :eek: *Takes screen shot*

ReputationRep:
    I like to be helpful :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.