Is this the right choice of maths and further maths?

Watch this thread
Neuty
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
is this an acceptable combination and it is good? and will it give a good grade altogether?

maths- c1,c2, c3, c4, m1, d1

Im a bit confused about further maths.

I'm taking FP1, FP2, m2, m3 for sure. But I cant decide the other two units. please help. xoxo
Blobar
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Generally people find S1 and S2 easiest.
tearteto
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
D2 s1 s2. S3?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Neuty)
is this an acceptable combination and it is good? and will it give a good grade altogether?
I'm taking FP1, FP2, m2, m3 for sure. But I cant decide the other two units. please help. xoxo
For Maths you have to take C1-4 plus 2 applied units which are either both 1s (e.g. M1, D1) or a matched pair of 1 and 2 (e.g. M1 & M2).

For FM you have to take FP1, at least 1 from FP2 and FP3 and another other 3/4 units to make a total of 6.

The exam board determines which applied units go where to maximise your grades so don't worry about which applied units you want to go where.

From what you have said i would pick S1, plus S2 (for max grade) or FP3 (for max Maths learning) for your last 2 units.
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Are you avoiding statistics completely? If not, just take S1 and S2. It's boring but in my opinion more worthwhile than the decision modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
crayolaguy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Neuty)

M4, M5

I'd pick FP3, S1 but that's just me.
tcameron
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Statistics and Decision are the easiest modules!
Better to do S1 instead of M1.
But if you are going into engineering/physics M1 is the best option
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
What's your exam board? Different ones offer different modules, for instance AQA has FP4, and OCR MEI has NM and DE
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
i would say S1, D1, D2 M1 M2
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I found s1 difficult, but it let's you do s2 which is easy so suffer through it. Personally I'd hate not taking fp3 and fp2. M1 is tough but enjoyable and m2 is not a massive step up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
29.2%
Take a gap year (21)
15.33%
Resit my exams (37)
27.01%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.14%
I don't know yet (15)
10.95%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.38%

Watched Threads