Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend, we met in 6th form and we have developed a very close relationship. We are always hanging out together and now its got to point where i really like her, think she feels the same way too. (i can tell by teh things she says and her body action)

i wanted to tell her and ask her out, but one problem....she has a boyfriend but he is in leicester. and shes always talkin about how she dont really have much contact with him anymore.........

what should i do??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    Me and my friend, we met in 6th form and we have developed a very close relationship. We are always hanging out together and now its got to point where i really like her, think she feels the same way too. (i can tell by teh things she says and her body action)

i wanted to tell her and ask her out, but one problem....she has a boyfriend but he is in leicester. and shes always talkin about how she dont really have much contact with him anymore.........

what should i do??!!
    Tell her. The worst thing that could happen is that she says no, you embarrass yourself and you lose the friendship. Oh, and her boyfriend beats you up.

Seriously; you should tell her and, if she likes you, she can decide what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Tell her. The worst thing that could happen is that she says no, you embarrass yourself and you lose the friendship. Oh, and her boyfriend beats you up.

Seriously; you should tell her and, if she likes you, she can decide what to do.
    but do i want to be the one that breaks up their relationship?

ps: if she says no then i will lock myself in a room for teh rest of my life.

ReputationRep:

what should i do??!!
    For some reason this post makes me think that you are a girl. I have no idea why. I assume you're not, am i right?

I have no advice cos im bad at this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-of-pain)
    For some reason this post makes me think that you are a girl. I have no idea why. I assume you're not, am i right?

I have no advice cos im bad at this sort of thing.
    :mad: no i am not!!

why would you think i am a girl?

ReputationRep:
    but do i want to be the one that breaks up their relationship?

ps: if she says no then i will lock myself in a room for teh rest of my life.
    Of course you do.....every man for himself n all that!! lol
    In my opinion if the girl is moaning/signalling negative 'we dont really keep in contact anymore' about her relationship then clearly she isnt happy. Maybe you could make her happier?!!

If you do really like her then its worth a shot at least isnt it?

ReputationRep:

Probably associations with the name 'fly by' (birds, butterflies, feathers....) I dunno!

I think you should talk to her about it. Ask her if she's ever thought about having more than a friendship with you. You can do it in a 'just curious' way to start off with so you you don't shock her. See what happens... Good luck with it. If you're already really good friends it should work out great.

ReputationRep:

Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you. Its just that when i was reading it i imagined you would be a girl, then realised that would be silly. I do it quite often. I must like to imagine everyone is female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    Of course you do.....every man for himself n all that!! lol
    In my opinion if the girl is moaning/signalling negative 'we dont really keep in contact anymore' about her relationship then clearly she isnt happy. Maybe you could make her happier?!!

If you do really like her then its worth a shot at least isnt it?
    lol, every man for him, i like that.

she dont really say it in like a unhappy way - just mention it. you know, its not liek she say it to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Probably associations with the name 'fly by' (birds, butterflies, feathers....) I dunno!

I think you should talk to her about it. Ask her if she's ever thought about having more than a friendship with you. You can do it in a 'just curious' way to start off with so you you don't shock her. See what happens... Good luck with it. If you're already really good friends it should work out great.
    hey thats a great idea.

should i say something like: if you dont have a boyfriend.............?

ReputationRep:
    lol, every man for him, i like that.

she dont really say it in like a unhappy way - just mention it. you know, its not liek she say it to me.
    She doesnt have to be unhappy when she is telling you....its just a way of letting you know that not everything in her relationship is 100% which means she may consider ditching it.

Go on just tell her & let me know how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-of-pain)
    Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you. Its just that when i was reading it i imagined you would be a girl, then realised that would be silly. I do it quite often. I must like to imagine everyone is female.
    its alright, i'm not really mad. myabe its the wya i put it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissit)
    She doesnt have to be unhappy when she is telling you....its just a way of letting you know that not everything in her relationship is 100% which means she may consider ditching it.

Go on just tell her & let me know how you get on!
    .........once i drum up enough courage......

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.