Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not the world's most important topic, but i was wondering how many of you can get these in your part of the country? Are they a particularly Yorkshire/Northern thing, or are they widely available. I'm concerned that they won't have any when I go to Bristol Just have to take a load from home

ReputationRep:
    Oooh theyre really nice. We weren't able to get them in multipacks and we wrote to them and asked why and they sent us a big box! Nice people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-of-pain)
    Oooh theyre really nice. We weren't able to get them in multipacks and we wrote to them and asked why and they sent us a big box! Nice people
    Hehe they're fantastic, better than all of this substandard Walker's stuff. Although McCoy's do come close.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to break it to ya, but Kettle Chips are mmmmmmm lush.. nothing beats 'em. ESPECIALLY salt and vinegar (or in their 'classy' lingo.. SEA salt and BALSAMIC vinegar).

ReputationRep:
    You can't get oatcakes in Bristol either.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh, the roast beef ones are my favourite. Sorry i can't help you with your problem. I only know you can get em in stoke and that isnt very far south!

ReputationRep:
    Oatcakes!! What am i going to do without oatcakes??? thats one big negative for going to uni... no more bacon, cheese and tomato oatcakes

ReputationRep:
    nope, never heard of them down south.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sahir)
    Sorry to break it to ya, but Kettle Chips are mmmmmmm lush.. nothing beats 'em. ESPECIALLY salt and vinegar (or in their 'classy' lingo.. SEA salt and BALSAMIC vinegar).
    Nah, if any kettle chips could come close its the plain ones which - although very nice - aren't up to Seabrook's standards. I heard somewhere Harrods sell them with all the other luxury foods

ReputationRep:
    Funnily enough I'd never heard of these (call me sheltered!) til last weekend, when I was staying with some friends and got fed bags of them until I could't move anymore (fantastic). That was in Hertfordshire so I don't think they're just a northern thing! I'm sure you'll be fine in a city like Bristol And I'm going to Bristol too - what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Funnily enough I'd never heard of these (call me sheltered!) til last weekend, when I was staying with some friends and got fed bags of them until I could't move anymore (fantastic). That was in Hertfordshire so I don't think they're just a northern thing! I'm sure you'll be fine in a city like Bristol And I'm going to Bristol too - what are you studying?
    Off to do the fine subject of Civil Engineering, with a year abroad in my 3rd year. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oatcakes!! What am i going to do without oatcakes??? thats one big negative for going to uni... no more bacon, cheese and tomato oatcakes
    Just remember to take a few packets down with you- I think you can freeze them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Off to do the fine subject of Civil Engineering, with a year abroad in my 3rd year. How about you?
    Sounds good. I'll be doing English, as long as I get the grades in the exams that I should currently be revising for!

ReputationRep:
    One of my flatmates from up north was going on about oatcakes the other day, i'd never heard of them

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good. I'll be doing English, as long as I get the grades in the exams that I should currently be revising for!
    *ahem* yes...revision. Remind me, what's that again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    *ahem* yes...revision. Remind me, what's that again?
    *blank look* :cool: If I knew I'd tell you...!

Have you made any decisions about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    One of my flatmates from up north was going on about oatcakes the other day, i'd never heard of them
    They're gorgeous! Try and get hold of some and fill them up with cheese and frankfurters, then put them in the microwave for a couple of mins and mmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM They're delish!

ReputationRep:
    *blank look* :cool: If I knew I'd tell you...!

Have you made any decisions about accommodation?
    Not heard anything from the uni yet, but I like the look of Churchill and Badock, so it'll probably one of the 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    nope, never heard of them down south.
    :eek: You're missing out,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    :eek: You're missing out,
    You tell 'em; look at the flavours
    Worcester Sauce
    Cheese & Onion
    Original
    Tomato Sauce
    Roast Chicken
    Smokey Bacon
    Salt & Vinegar
    Pickled Onion
    Cream Cheese & Chives
    Beefy
    Prawn Cocktail
    Cheesy
    Spring Onion
    Mexican Chilli
    Indian Tandoori
    Garlic & Herb
    Canadian Ham
    Sweetcorn

Must confess I've never seen the Sweetcorn ones. Are they new?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.