Epistemology trolling Watch

Bekahsmithxoxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Writing my final year dissertation Analysing how Social Network Sites can control on-line trolling. To gain a deeper understanding into trolling I am going to distribute questionnaires to analyse peoples perceptions on what trolling is and whether they think social network sites are doing enough to mitigate trolling, I am also conducting an interview with a well known person who has been a victim to 'trolling'.

However I am really stuck on the epistemology section of my dissertation as a computing student this is not something I have produced before.

My question is what epistemological approach would I be taking to conduct my research and is there more than one approach?
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bekahsmithxoxo)
Writing my final year dissertation Analysing how Social Network Sites can control on-line trolling. To gain a deeper understanding into trolling I am going to distribute questionnaires to analyse peoples perceptions on what trolling is and whether they think social network sites are doing enough to mitigate trolling, I am also conducting an interview with a well known person who has been a victim to 'trolling'.

However I am really stuck on the epistemology section of my dissertation as a computing student this is not something I have produced before.

My question is what epistemological approach would I be taking to conduct my research and is there more than one approach?
I'm sorry I can't really help but I'd be interested to know what epistemology is? I looked at the definition but I'm not completely sure as to what it is.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?