Far Cry 4 on PC Watch

Angelo12231
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys!

My PC is able to run far cry 3 with no problem, at 1080p with a mixture of low - ultra settings.

It however can't run far cry 4. I understand that 4 is denser but surely Id be able to play on just low settings...

I tried to play on the lowest resolution on the lowest settings and it still lags.

My Specs:

HP pavillion 64bit
8Gb RAM
3Ghz i-5 processor
intel HD graphics 4600 (Okay the card is poop, but it perfectly runs far cry 3)
Realtek sound card
Blobar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Angelo12231)
Hey guys!

My PC is able to run far cry 3 with no problem, at 1080p with a mixture of low - ultra settings.

It however can't run far cry 4. I understand that 4 is denser but surely Id be able to play on just low settings...

I tried to play on the lowest resolution on the lowest settings and it still lags.

My Specs:

HP pavillion 64bit
8Gb RAM
3Ghz i-5 processor
Realtek sound card
It's a big jump from FC3, my GTX 780 struggles albeit it on max with 2x Super Sampling but yeah it is pretty demanding. You sure you have no AA on when you're running on the lowest settings?
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blobar)
It's a big jump from FC3, my GTX 780 struggles albeit it on max with 2x Super Sampling but yeah it is pretty demanding. You sure you have no AA on when you're running on the lowest settings?
wish I had GTX... or at least some sort of nvidia card Nope, Anti-aliasing is off... Could it be an issue with the config?
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys!

My Specs:

HP pavillion 64bit
8Gb RAM
3Ghz i-5 processor
Realtek sound card
I think that's your problem
Blobar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wish I had GTX... or at least some sort of nvidia card Nope, Anti-aliasing is off... Could it be an issue with the config?
No not the config, it's just a fairly demanding game and your integrated card probably just doesn't do it like the other poster said.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're trying to run an extremely demanding game on a pretty unremarkable laptop with a rubbish graphics card. I'd have been amazed if it worked.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
You're trying to run an extremely demanding game on a pretty unremarkable laptop with a rubbish graphics card. I'd have been amazed if it worked.
*computer. It is a pretty **** card but I can't change it unfortunately - my pc is an all-in-one. Non the less it can run most new games on low settings which I think is pretty amazing lol. The game works on low 600x800 but not with the next res up.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
Guys I really do know intel's cards are poop but I can run watch dogs, saints row 4, far cry 3 and skyrim. I think considering it is integrated, it doesn't receive the credit it deserves...
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys I really do know intel's cards are poop but I can run watch dogs, saints row 4, far cry 3 and skyrim. I think considering it is integrated, it doesn't receive the credit it deserves...
I think you have a case in which you should be more thankful for what you can run than upset about what you can't. Your GPU benchmarks terribly in the grand scheme of things. AIO PCs aren't great graphics machines, even the new 5k iMacs couldn't do gaming in a great way, despite the GPU needing to run such high a resolution.
L'Etudiant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a GTX 670 (4GB) and it works great, I play on Very High at 1080p I believe.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
I think you have a case in which you should be more thankful for what you can run than upset about what you can't. Your GPU benchmarks terribly in the grand scheme of things. AIO PCs aren't great graphics machines, even the new 5k iMacs couldn't do gaming in a great way, despite the GPU needing to run such high a resolution.
I am very thankful at what I can run haha considering that my card isn't the best. Though I'd say console gaming is much more limited - I've seen some amazing PC set-ups that would out perform any console.
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by L'Etudiant)
I have a GTX 670 (4GB) and it works great, I play on Very High at 1080p I believe.
Highlighted is the reason why
Guybrush Sheepgood
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry but you should melt down your card and salvage what gold you can from the circuitboard
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
Sorry but you should melt down your card and salvage what gold you can from the circuitboard
haha this cracked me up!

But for reals, Intel Graphics is the underdog of all cards.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Two things: one, the GPU is poop

Two, more importantly, is it a dual core CPU, because the game WILL NOT run on them; when they say you need quad, they mean need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Two things: one, the GPU is poop

Two, more importantly, is it a dual core CPU, because the game WILL NOT run on them; when they say you need quad, they mean need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL no its quad core, each core with 3ghz
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
LOL no its quad core, each core with 3ghz
Well "i5 3GHz" is rather uninformative, there are rather a lot of i5s
Angelo12231
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Well "i5 3GHz" is rather uninformative, there are rather a lot of i5s
Apologies
addylad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a 6850, might give FC4 a go but not sure how it will perform as the card is several years old now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blobar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by addylad)
I have a 6850, might give FC4 a go but not sure how it will perform as the card is several years old now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decently, mid settings maybe?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.85%
No - but I will (87)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.74%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (538)
47.7%

Watched Threads