A/A* A-level students help?! Watch

Senll
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Could any of you give me tips on creating a time table? Or to increase one's self discipline? Whatever is needed to get that AAA/A*AA, I'm so lost, help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
citydeer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
getrevising is really useful website, it lets you create a study timetable and has a bunch of resources! Also depending on your college timetable, i find it super useful to dedicate my frees to a certain subject/topic for revision! Also, do as many past papers as possible!!
dragozox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Senll)
Could any of you give me tips on creating a time table? Or to increase one's self discipline? Whatever is needed to get that AAA/A*AA, I'm so lost, help please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1)R u in a college, school or studying by your self??
2)What subjects r u taking??
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not an A*/A student and I'm only AS, but using this to plan my studying really helps. Write in your lessons, then add your other commitments (e.g. babysitting from 5-9pm on Fridays), then add 4 hours of studying per subject to your planner. Fill your frees with studying, but make sure to leave appropriate time to chillax, eat, sleep, etc.

Attached files
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Step 1: procrastinate till it's nearly too late to get the grades.
Step 2: past papers
'bout it really. This is only really applicable to science subjects, I never figured out how to get better at artsy/englishy ones. If it's maths then just do enough questions until you really understand the topic, then past papers. Past papers are ridiculously effective at increasing your marks.
Senll
Rep:
?
(Original post by dragozox)
1)R u in a college, school or studying by your self??
2)What subjects r u taking??
I'm in A2, English Language, Maths and Economics. Got 10 exams coming up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Senll
Rep:
?
(Original post by TVIO)
'bout it really. This is only really applicable to science subjects, I never figured out how to get better at artsy/englishy ones. If it's maths then just do enough questions until you really understand the topic, then past papers. Past papers are ridiculously effective at increasing your marks.
I procrastinate way too much my life is literally full of it. That's why I'm scared and I wanna do this! When it's near exam periods I tend to stress out and get ill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoth's World
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Senll)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are your grades expectations or achievements for English Language? How do you revise for English Language, specifically learning a text to be able to answer any question given at an exam?
dragozox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Senll)

Posted from TSR Mobile
For math: study 2 topics each week and do 4 to 5 past papers solving that topic and what u've studied before. so when u come to easter u would have finished all the topics and most of the past papers, then start solving the solomon papers(harder version papers, just google them) which will then give u full understanding and confidence in maths. (btw i got average 98% in my AS math using this technique im A2 right now).

For Economics:
i haven't studied the subject but i have a friend who got A* in it and i saw the way he studied it. he had 3 stages:
1) he studied Each unit within about 4-6 weeks following these stages:
-reading and understanding the textbook
-reading the notes from classes and from internet and comparing them to the textbook
-solve few past papers
2) after finishing step (1) he started to solve all the past papers left until he was confident with all the questions in all the past papers

sorry about the english because i really dont know how it works :/

Things that are most important to me in terms of studying:
1- Never say I still have time do everything asap (I know its difficult but i always think that this will get me to a good uni which motivates me).
2- try not to blame the teacher (i don't like one of my teachers and i used to think is the reason y im weak in his subject, then i realized that it was me, now i give that subject more time as im weaker in it, and i try to read more about the subject rather than just his notes, and ask him whenever i have a question).
3- i never set a specific time table for myself, at the beginning of every week i set a goal that i need to finish X amount of study/work on each day of the week, and if i fail to do it i punish myself by not allowing myself to go out(chill/have fun) during the weekend.

Finally i really hope that this helped u and i wish u the best of luck.
ItsWhiteHat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
This is what happened for AS . I got the grades. I'm trying my best to work at A2, but it really isn't working. Now that Far Cry 4 is out, makes life even more difficult!
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ItsWhiteHat)
This is what happened for AS . I got the grades. I'm trying my best to work at A2, but it really isn't working. Now that Far Cry 4 is out, makes life even more difficult!
It's counter strike for me. I played like 100 hours over christmas last year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads