Best Boards For Maths/Economics/Philosophy/French?

Watch
Morrisseya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Which boards have you guys done these subjects in? How did you find them?

(I'm just doing the AS level in French btw)
s_________
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
For A levels I do maths edexcel and that seems to be popular and for French, I find AQA seems to be taught at a lot of schools for languages and edexcel economics, as for philosophy, I couldn't say as I don't actually know any schs that I've attended or my friends that offer philosophy
These exam boards weren't "found" it was just the one the sch offered
I found maths edexcel pretty good to me and I've always done edexcel maths and that seems to have gone well
However someone said to me, if you're truly capable of the subject, it doesn't matter which exam board you pick and different people find different exam boards easier/harder from their own personal experience/preference
Skill Twix
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cie!
Morrisseya
Rep:
?
(Original post by selenerrr__x)
For A levels I do maths edexcel and that seems to be popular and for French, I find AQA ha seems to be taught at a lot of schools for languages
However someone said to me, if you're truly capable of the subject, it doesn't matter which exam board you pick and different people find different exam boards easier/harder from their own personal experience/preference
Thank you Yep, I've heard good things about Edexcel for Maths. Have had a look through the AQA French syllabus as well, and that seems pretty interesting.

I guess so, but sometimes specifications can be deceptive so thought I'd ask Thanks again x
s_________
Badges: 9
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Morrisseya)
Thank you Yep, I've heard good things about Edexcel for Maths. Have had a look through the AQA French syllabus as well, and that seems pretty interesting.

I guess so, but sometimes specifications can be deceptive so thought I'd ask Thanks again x
I did try to do the same, picking my schs based on exam boards but really a good candidate is capable no matter what the exam board
Exam technique is picked up from practice and questions and just from going through the syllabus and learning in class and content is pretty similar across exam boards.
Morrisseya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skill Twix)
Cie!
For all of them?
Skill Twix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For all of them?
Yes indeed!
Morrisseya
Rep:
?
(Original post by Skill Twix)
Yes indeed!
What subjects have you done with them?
Skill Twix
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What subjects have you done with them?
All basically.Maths,Physics and Economics(Still doing them at A2s).Did CIE ICT at AS levels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads