International Student for Law at Harvard/Stanford? Watch

spurs9393
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I'm considering studying Law in America. Firstly, what university is better for law - Stanford or Harvard? Also, if I were to apply for any of these universities, what is the application like for international students (I live in London)'. Do you have to go to America for interviews etc.? Also, how easy is it to get a job in English law if you have studied American law in the USA?
Thanks
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by spurs9393)
Hi,

I'm considering studying Law in America. Firstly, what university is better for law - Stanford or Harvard? Also, if I were to apply for any of these universities, what is the application like for international students (I live in London)'. Do you have to go to America for interviews etc.? Also, how easy is it to get a job in English law if you have studied American law in the USA?
Thanks
It would be a lot easier to just stay and study in UK. Law degrees vary a lot from place to place, because laws are different in different places. You know for one thing that America allows possession of weapons for self defence but UK doesn't.

Also going to study is US woudk require you to sit an additional SATs.
Even if globally, Harvard and Stanford could be better than oxbridge for law (I'm not 100% sure, you better check out the league tables), it's still better to study where you know best because you're planning for a career in UK, not US.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXziVaNNIiw
iamyourmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Law is only postgrad in the US
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise