Is it possible anyone could give me advice on these A levels please? Watch

Carys9913
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
At the moment, I'm thinking about A levels to take in college next year. I've decided on Physiology, Health and Social Care, Law and Applied Science. If you do any of these A levels, how much would you say the workload is and how do you find the subject? Have any of you taken Applied Science? How do you find it and is it fairly easy? I've heard the coursework side can be pretty full on? I have decided to choose Applied Science as sort of a Subsidiary A level as it's the equivalent, and I think with the other three A levels being pretty full on, Applied Science would perhaps be a good choice? I'm thinking of going into the Health and Social Care sector of work, but would like to keep my options fairly opinion which I have tried to do. Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated
Safiya122
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took Psychology and most of the work required basically improving and working on essay writing when answering questions - which increased during the second year. It's definitely an interesting subject and covers a lot of everyday topics too but there were times when I felt it was a bit full on. I absolutely hated the research methods bit because a little bit of that required maths - apart from that it was really enjoyable. And from what I've heard, health and social care focuses on some things that psychology does but you might want to look that up
Ellen_95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did Applied Science, the first year was interesting, the exam was on biology, but the second year was so incredibly dull the highest mark in our class in the exam was a D (this wasn't because we were stupid, the teacher just didn't explain it well). The coursework isn't hard as long as you keep on top of it, the teachers pretty much tell you what to do
Carys9913
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you so much both of you! I think I'm just going to give them a go, they seem to be good and interest me Thank you for your help Safiya, I think it will be a interesting subject but quite a lot of effort haha! Ellen thanks for your help, I've heard mixed responses on it, it seems to be a decent subject though, which I think will be the one I'll drop in A2.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (100)
39.68%
No - but I will (12)
4.76%
No - I don't want to (16)
6.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (124)
49.21%

Watched Threads