The Student Room Group

High Heels in Sixth Form

I generally wear high heels for sixth form ranging from about 2 to 5 inches, they've never caused me any bother and because I can walk in them fine I've never been called out on it.

Was just wondering how many of you guys wore them to school and why ? :smile:
Reply 1
I love wearing heels they give me a bit more height and they just make every outfit look that little bit better
I'm really tall anyways so I wouldn't wear heels on a normal day - plus not really used to wearing them but my friend used to and she'd walk so slow.
Reply 3
I don't, but quite a lot of girls do, and they tend to be ankle boots.

Mind you, there's a teacher, and she always wears like 6 inch heels and is still about half a head smaller than me - and I'm only 5"2!
I wore 6" almost every day during my A2 year. I went through a high heel phase and just couldn't wear flats at all. Flats didn't seem "good enough" for me. The GCSE kids knew me as "hot spice" because of the heels, my hair and just how I generally dressed. :mmm: I don't think the sixth formers had a name for me but I did catch a lot of attention when I'd go into the common room or even my classrooms. When I'd walk into class the same girls would be like "so what feet killers are you wearing today? :rolleyes:"

I could get away with wearing heels back then because it was only a 10 minute walk from home to school. It's a completely different story now because it takes a 20 minute train ride and a total of 30 minutes of walking to get to uni. There's no way I'll live if I dared to wear my 6" heels through that ****. :eek:
I've never understood girls and their attraction to heels - aren't girls sort of meant to be the "short gender"? it's like if men went around with an arched back
Original post by zippity.doodah
I've never understood girls and their attraction to heels - aren't girls sort of meant to be the "short gender"? it's like if men went around with an arched back

so what if girls like heels? they look great, and are you saying there's something wrong with tall girls?
Reply 7
I'll wear something between 2 - 4 inches daily. Completely flat shoes just feel wrong somehow (Unless they're combat boots!)

Original post by zippity.doodah

Uhh... It's not like we're thinking "Let's break all biological norms and standards! Yeah, that will show men!" Heels just look better.
Reply 8
Wedged heels are life
Original post by bubblegumcat
are you saying there's something wrong with tall girls?

when a girl is already tall but is wearing heels - that's "wrong". when she's short, that's not so bad though. it's relative. again, imagine if a short guy was purposefully making himself shorter - he might think it looks good but, come on, what the heck
At my sixth form college it's social suicide to wear high heels...I don't know why, girls just get mocked for wearing them. It's in quite a stuck up area though.
So many girls wear them at my school's sixthform. :eek: I would be tempted to wear platforms/chunky heels when I'm in sixthform but I'm thinking about practicality. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oriane89
I generally wear high heels for sixth form ranging from about 2 to 5 inches, they've never caused me any bother and because I can walk in them fine I've never been called out on it.

Was just wondering how many of you guys wore them to school and why ? :smile:

I wore high heels during most of Year 12, purely because they go with all of my outfits. If an outfit looked better with flats or flat heeled boots I would wear them. Although heels are my not so secret obsession...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending