Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the open day today and I got the feeling that is was a really hard uni to settle down into compared to the other unis I have visited? I can't really a valid judgement from one trip but I was wondering if anyone could for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool061897)
    I went to the open day today and I got the feeling that is was a really hard uni to settle down into compared to the other unis I have visited? I can't really a valid judgement from one trip but I was wondering if anyone could for me
    Swelling into uni depends on how well you can adapt. When you go to uni, you'll most likely live there. So you would need to not only get used to the change in studying environment, people around you, the teaching style and campus etc but also the accommodation and different routines for meals and other stuff.

It's hard to say, but gut feeling sometimes helps. Some unis feel a lot more homely than others. I've been to open days and some unis just don't "feel" suitable to me, though it may suit other people, it's just me that's doesn't like it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 29, 2014

University open days

• Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
  • Northumbria University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 5 Dec '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.