Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this is the right thread... Before i start i might post this in the thread of the uni's below only if the response is not well. I would just love the help/info to help me through my choices

Iv'e been researching which uni's do screenwriting however untill next year i wont be able to go to any open days so, specifically any students who are studying Screenwriting in general or doing it at UCLan & SHU (i know Bournemouth is 'accredited' but i really just dont feel the pull of that uni though) i would like to ask a few q's...

Was (your current uni) your first choice / why did you choose it over the others?
    How fun is the course?
    Any memorable moments atm?
    Career prospects/work experience your getting?
    Any other info which may help me ease my mind for choosing screenwriting? (in general)

Sorry if this is very confusing , thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abaden)
    Hopefully this is the right thread... Before i start i might post this in the thread of the uni's below only if the response is not well. I would just love the help/info to help me through my choices

Iv'e been researching which uni's do screenwriting however untill next year i wont be able to go to any open days so, specifically any students who are studying Screenwriting in general or doing it at UCLan & SHU (i know Bournemouth is 'accredited' but i really just dont feel the pull of that uni though) i would like to ask a few q's...

Was (your current uni) your first choice / why did you choose it over the others?
    How fun is the course?
    Any memorable moments atm?
    Career prospects/work experience your getting?
    Any other info which may help me ease my mind for choosing screenwriting? (in general)

Sorry if this is very confusing , thanks anyway.
    Hey there Abaden,

I don't study Screenwriting but I did consider the subject, I am currently a part of the media school at BU. As you said Bournemouth offers an accredited Screenwriting course, and the media school at Bournemouth will ease the transition from studying into industry.

What is it about Bournemouth that you don't like? I think it is great and I am really pleased that I chose the uni! If you have any questions about life at BU feel free to send them my way!

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBowditch)
    Hey there Abaden,

I don't study Screenwriting but I did consider the subject, I am currently a part of the media school at BU. As you said Bournemouth offers an accredited Screenwriting course, and the media school at Bournemouth will ease the transition from studying into industry.

What is it about Bournemouth that you don't like? I think it is great and I am really pleased that I chose the uni! If you have any questions about life at BU feel free to send them my way!

Chris
    I don't know really, i have this tendency to know/feel if a university is wrong/right for me (same thing for choosing 6th form over college). I generally like the look of the screenwriting courses for UCLan & SHU same with the games design courses (at the same uni's). I just feel that pull you get when you know its right. Also the fact that its 3 hours away from me , i would like to go too uni which are around 2 hours away . But this is a minor thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abaden)
    I don't know really, i have this tendency to know/feel if a university is wrong/right for me (same thing for choosing 6th form over college). I generally like the look of the screenwriting courses for UCLan & SHU same with the games design courses (at the same uni's). I just feel that pull you get when you know its right. Also the fact that its 3 hours away from me , i would like to go too uni which are around 2 hours away . But this is a minor thing
    Hi Abaden,

I graduated in 2010 doing an BA in Journalism at Bournemouth University, and I've just gone back to do an MA in Video Editing.
    We work a lot with the screenwriters here, and whilst I can't give you an insight into the course of screenwriting, I can speak for The Media School as a whole. The facilities are amazing and they have spent millions of pounds making sure it is in line with the industry.
    I've found the professors and guest speakers to be really knowledgeable - Bournemouth Media School's global reputation really pulls in some big names and big events (we had a BFI screening and awards ceremony last night).
    I can't recommend BU enough - I'd say if you get the opportunity to just pop over and have a look around on one of the open days it'd be the best way to decide if it's right for you.
    If you have any questions about Bournemouth I'd be happy to help

Alice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 11, 2014

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.