The Student Room Group

F965 Vietnam/C

Hi everyone!
I'm just starting my real coursework for A2 history and the question is concerning the way that Cold War pressures influenced how JFK behaved regarding US involvement in Vietnam.
I'm pretty much stumped with this question due to the fact that we haven't really learned that much about the Cold War (due to the fact that our course is just focused on Vietnam). Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated; I and a number of my classmates have literally no idea what to do for this question!
Thanks in advance, Rachel :smile:
Original post by Paulska_
Hi everyone!
I'm just starting my real coursework for A2 history and the question is concerning the way that Cold War pressures influenced how JFK behaved regarding US involvement in Vietnam.
I'm pretty much stumped with this question due to the fact that we haven't really learned that much about the Cold War (due to the fact that our course is just focused on Vietnam). Any ideas about this would be greatly appreciated; I and a number of my classmates have literally no idea what to do for this question!
Thanks in advance, Rachel :smile:

Find out more about the Cold War.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Find out more about the Cold War.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do know about the Cold War, I'm just having trouble linking it across to Vietnam and how it affected Kennedy in Vietnam :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do know about the Cold War, I'm just having trouble linking it across to Vietnam and how it affected Kennedy in Vietnam :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

You seemed to be saying that you didn't.

What decisions did Kennedy make regarding Vietnam. How did they fit in (or not) with his attitude to the Soviets and the Cold War? Was he following a consistent policy?
Reply 4
Thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is the wording of your title?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
"How did Cold War pressures influence Kennedy in Vietnam"

Posted from TSR Mobile
"How did Cold War pressures influence Kennedy in Vietnam"

Posted from TSR Mobile

The word 'pressures' deserves some attention, I would suggest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
The word 'pressures' deserves some attention, I would suggest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest