Feel like I have ****ed up my life. Watch

OhGod
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everybody.

I got ACDE at AS Level when I was predicted ABCD.

I am predicted ABC at A2 but am scared that I will not get the grades.

Although my exam technique did lead to my grades falling I felt that I had a large part in my failure to achieve the grades that I was predicted.

I am very annoyed that I did not retake year 12 while I had the chance as I am very behind and stressed about all the AS retakes and work I have to do at A2.

I am also retaking GCSE maths.

Can somebody help me by giving me some time management strategies to try and get ABC?

Is it too late to retake year 12?

I am also scared that I might have depression and am becoming a hypochondriac.
selenerrr__x
Badges: 5
Report 4 years ago
Don't repeat the AS year and do some exams in a gap year, I found that repeating AS left me shattered and my morale so low seeing all my friends applying to uni and although I worked hard it wasn't actually productive.
Repeating a year ruined my life for me and I'm basically again retaking everything and I have about 20 exams this year
Start revision early and during the weekend and holidays catch up on all that you're behind
I'm so behind because I've currently got a 60% attendance and I'm applying uni this year too and so when I go home after sch I catch up on everything i've missed on top of hwk
It's not that you don't have the time, it's probably you're not making the time to do the work or procrastinating it away
See someone about the depression because that's seriously gonna affect your motivation levels and studying time like it did for me and make a to do list of what topics to cover and revise for each day/week and timetables help
Checking things off does the case for me
Anonymous263
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OhGod)
Hello everybody.

I got ACDE at AS Level when I was predicted ABCD.

I am predicted ABC at A2 but am scared that I will not get the grades.

Although my exam technique did lead to my grades falling I felt that I had a large part in my failure to achieve the grades that I was predicted.

I am very annoyed that I did not retake year 12 while I had the chance as I am very behind and stressed about all the AS retakes and work I have to do at A2.

I am also retaking GCSE maths.

Can somebody help me by giving me some time management strategies to try and get ABC?

Is it too late to retake year 12?

I am also scared that I might have depression and am becoming a hypochondriac.
i was glad i didn't retake year 12, believe me, if you work hard now, you won't regret it.
I recommend getting all of your revision notes done for your retakes before the end of this year (so that gives you a month). Just everyday, instead of surfing the internet or playing on the xbox (or whatever else you may be doing instead of work), just sit down and work for a bit. work for an hour, take a 15 or 30 minute break, and get back to work. It all really comes down to you, if you want to succeed, then put the work in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (219)
39.46%
No - but I will (38)
6.85%
No - I don't want to (37)
6.67%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (261)
47.03%

Watched Threads