The Student Room Group

Shirt and tie advice.

So I wear shirt and tie to work. And I need to get some more. The question I have is:

Where do you get your shirt and tie from? Preferably a trusted website with loads of different combinations.
Best combinations?
Good quality and reasonable prices please.

Thanks.
Matalan is alright. I got my favourite shirts for 6th form there. They have 2 logn sleeved shirts regular fit and tie sets around £7, and if you go into the reduced/clearance part there are shirts there.

i got a nice blue shirt for like £3 there, chuffed :smile: and another nice Jack Jones shirt from there too :smile: Id say Matalan are pretty underrated!
Heres my Jack Joens shirt... after being forced by my mum to 'smile' for my first year of A2 haha
What's your work? Do you need nice shirts?

I did order a lot of mine online, but they were not inexpensive.
Reply 4
For standard work shirts, you can't go wrong with Charles Tyrwhitt - 4 for £100 but there's quite often £10 or £20 off on top of that in store. TM Lewin is very similar.

In terms of combinations, depends on how many you're getting. I personally would always buy somewhat conservative patterned shirts, mainly plain, and leave the paisley or whatever for the tie. You can't go wrong with white, light blue, pale pink - all timeless designs. I quite like puppytooth shirts also, and subtle Bengal or candy stripe if the colours are right.

In terms of ties, there are almost infinite combinations and you just have to see what you like!
On the dress code it says must wear tailored shirt...and tie. With trousers and shoes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for responses so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest