If a ginger girl has a baby with a back man, what color hair will the baby have? Watch

Erstwhistle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is it possible for a ginger haired girl girl to have a baby with a black man? Or are they too far apart in genetic terms? If they did, would the baby have black hair or ginger hair, or even blond hair?
Peachykeen09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uh? Yes it's possible. Who knows what color hair the baby will have, I'm not a ****ing psychic.

EDIT: I don't see why a mod bothered to comment on this foolishness instead of deleting it because it's clearly racist. Nice going, mods.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Might have a ginger black baby, who knows?
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:laugh: they can have a child since they're the same species. How it turns out depends on the blokes genes - since the allele for ginger hair is recessive, her hair genes are gg. If the bloke has a ginger allele (I,e, Xg) then the child has a 50% chance of being ginger and a 50% chance of getting the dominant gene, so if the bloke has brown hair, the child can have brown hair or ginger hair. If the man has two different alleles and no ginger alleles - e,g, one blond allele and one brown allele then the child can either be blonde or brown-haired.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Black.
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Either multi-coloured, constantly changing, or a black hole, like dividing by zero.
Frodokins
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Brown maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zürich
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you mean a 100% black man then I'm pretty sure the kid is 99.9999% likely to have black hair
yabbayabba
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course it's possible to have a baby, you silly troll. The hair colour will most likely be black, or possibly dark brown.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know someone, ginger girl, who had a baby with a black lad. The baby's hair is ginger. It's quite cute.
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Peachykeen09)
Uh? Yes it's possible. Who knows what color hair the baby will have, I'm not a ****ing psychic.

EDIT: I don't see why a mod bothered to comment on this foolishness instead of deleting it because it's clearly racist. Nice going, mods.
How's it racist?

Bit of a stupid question but it's a question on generics. If she'd said something like "it would have been unlucky for the baby to be black" then yeah to an extent, but she never comments on how good or bad it would be.

Maybe OP is the ginger intending on having children with the other person?
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
black/dark brown - there was a guy at my school who had a black dad and a ginger mom and he was basically a normal black guy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed