Turn on thread page Beta

Spilt coffee- who is to blame? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should clean the spill?
    George
    20.00%
    Clare
    80.00%

ReputationRep:
    George is having an easy day in the office and notices a used coffee cup on the hot desk opposite Clare.

Clare is having a stressful day, but George doesn't realise this.

Jokingly George picks up the coffee cup and puts it on Clare's desk as if to say "you ought to wash this as it's on your row of desks and you're the only one on that row right now"

An unamused Clare simply picks up the cup and drops it back onto the hot desk where it spills.

She ignores the spill. George is shocked and sits back down.

Who's fault is the spill and who should clean it up?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    George shouldn't have joked around like that - especially if he didn't know what mood Clare was in but Clare should have apologized and cleaned the mess up regardless of her mood. So I say both, can't pick one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morrisseya)
    :gah:

ReputationRep:
    It is Clare's fault that the coffee is spilt. She dropped the mug in such a way that it caused the coffee to spill. She should therefore be responsible for her own actions and her inability to take a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell is George so worried about a coffee cup that's not on his desk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Safiya122)
    George shouldn't have joked around like that - especially if he didn't know what mood Clare was in but Clare should have apologized and cleaned the mess up regardless of her mood. So I say both, can't pick one.
    Clare is normally quite fun so George was just being playful.
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    It is Clare's fault that the coffee is spilt. She dropped the mug in such a way that it caused the coffee to spill. She should therefore be responsible for her own actions and her inability to take a joke.
    I concur. George (myself) cleaned it up in the end after 5 minutes when he realized that Clare wasn't going to clean it.

Later that day Clare apologised to me.
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    Why the hell is George so worried about a coffee cup that's not on his desk?
    Because he's not self centered enough to only care about his desk and nothing else

ReputationRep:
    Clare dropped it, her fault. But perhaps George should clean it up as Clare is in a bad mood and he wind her up - so it would be beneficial to help her cheer up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    Clare dropped it, her fault. But perhaps George should clean it up as Clare is in a bad mood and he wind her up - so it would be beneficial to help her cheer up.
    Perhaps George should harvest his organs because it will help cheer Clare up. Clare can **** right off. She's always doing this sort of stuff, and frankly I doubt it was an accident at all. She broke my mug a few weeks ago, said it was an accident but she had just been rejected a payrise application. The only thing we should help Clare with is engaging with anger management therapy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuelBowser)
    George is having an easy day in the office and notices a used coffee cup on the hot desk opposite Clare.

Clare is having a stressful day, but George doesn't realise this.

Jokingly George picks up the coffee cup and puts it on Clare's desk as if to say "you ought to wash this as it's on your row of desks and you're the only one on that row right now"

An unamused Clare simply picks up the cup and drops it back onto the hot desk where it spills.

She ignores the spill. George is shocked and sits back down.

Who's fault is the spill and who should clean it up?
    George shouldnt mess with a hormornal pregnant woman. He's lucky cause next she could have shoved her high heel where the sun doesnt shine :/
    Maybe George should go through a fake baby programme, just like Arnies film, Junior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Perhaps George should harvest his organs because it will help cheer Clare up. Clare can **** right off. She's always doing this sort of stuff, and frankly I doubt it was an accident at all. She broke my mug a few weeks ago, said it was an accident but she had just been rejected a payrise application. The only thing we should help Clare with is engaging with anger management therapy.
    As long as youre paying for it, right?

She was on her period at the time, let me punch you in the stomach repeatedly and lets see how well you work when youre surrounded by ******* men in a work environment. Thats why I use my flextime to work during the evenings. I love this company and would never quit this job. Not even for all the money in the world! So stop trying to steal my job, loser, just because Im a supervisor and youre a lowly trainee assistant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    As long as youre paying for it, right?

She was on her period at the time, let me punch you in the stomach repeatedly and lets see how well you work when youre surrounded by ******* men in a work environment. Thats why I use my flextime to work during the evenings. I love this company and would never quit this job. Not even for all the money in the world! So stop trying to steal my job, loser, just because Im a supervisor and youre a lowly trainee assistant.
    I can't tell if we're joking around or you are actually Clare in real life and mistaking me for a colleague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    I can't tell if we're joking around or you are actually Clare in real life and mistaking me for a colleague.
    Sit in your seat like a good boy then.

Whos a good puppy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    Sit in your seat like a good boy then.

Whos a good puppy?
    Is it a femdom roleplay now? I'm very confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Claire's at fault. Just because she's in a bad mood doesn't mean she can go around spilling coffee and then not cleaning up after herself.

ReputationRep:
    Clare, the dumb *****

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly Clare's fault.

ReputationRep:
    Clare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stupid Clare

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.