The Student Room Group

Spilt coffee- who is to blame?

Scroll to see replies

if i was clare i'd have done the same thing and not cleaned a damn thing. why's george not busy? george should be making my day easier if he's got nothing to do, not dicking around with coffee cups.
Clare should clean it up if she spilled it, but I do think think George should have just got rid of the cup in the first place as he was having an easy day and didn't have much else to do.
Reply 22
Original post by white boy
if i was clare i'd have done the same thing and not cleaned a damn thing. why's george not busy? george should be making my day easier if he's got nothing to do, not dicking around with coffee cups.

George didn't have nothing to do. His role just happens to be a little less busy than Clare's
Original post by DarkMagic
Clare should clean it up if she spilled it, but I do think think George should have just got rid of the cup in the first place as he was having an easy day and didn't have much else to do.

Yes you are right. I should have cleaned it in first place. But Clare was childish to drop it

George sounds like a little prick TBH. Would never hire an employee like that.
This thread has had an unexpectedly high yield of comedy gold.
Original post by Birkenhead
Perhaps George should harvest his organs because it will help cheer Clare up. Clare can **** right off. She's always doing this sort of stuff, and frankly I doubt it was an accident at all. She broke my mug a few weeks ago, said it was an accident but she had just been rejected a payrise application. The only thing we should help Clare with is engaging with anger management therapy.

If Clare gets anger management, perhaps you could make use of her therapist? You sound angry :frown:.
Original post by Morrisseya

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
If Clare gets anger management, perhaps you could make use of her therapist? You sound angry :frown:.

It was for comic effect. I apologise if I startled you.
Original post by FuelBowser

Because he's not self centered enough to only care about his desk and nothing else

If he cared that much he could have cleared the cup from the desk straightaway, instead of moving it next to a colleague.
Reply 29
Original post by Morrisseya

He is a little immature yes

Would you hire a Clare?
Original post by SomeStudent
If he cared that much he could have cleared the cup from the desk straightaway, instead of moving it next to a colleague.

He put it there for #banter

He was expecting her to laugh, and then George would have cleaned it himself
He is a little immature yes

Would you hire a Clare?

He put it there for #banter

He was expecting her to laugh, and then George would have cleaned it himself

Not everybody likes #banter. I hope he learnt that lesson. I voted for Claire anyway, since she was the one who spilt the coffee.
Claire. Sounds like a right tosser.
SMH Clare, sort your **** out asap
Reply 33
Not everybody likes #banter. I hope he learnt that lesson. I voted for Claire anyway, since she was the one who spilt the coffee.

Oh he (I) learnt his lesson.

I am immature I agree. But Clare was even more highly immature to drop the coffee on the desk

I am immature I agree. But Clare was even more highly immature to drop the coffee on the desk

mate how much coffee was in the mug?

Hahahah, it was you :biggrin: that's funny. Fair enough! Who ended up cleaning the mess? It was her fault, but it wouldn't have hurt you to clear it up, don't you agree? She might have apologised afterwards.
Reply 36
mate how much coffee was in the mug?

Only about half a cm. But enough to make a little pool on the desk when it fell
Hahahah, it was you :biggrin: that's funny. Fair enough! Who ended up cleaning the mess? It was her fault, but it wouldn't have hurt you to clear it up, don't you agree? She might have apologised afterwards.

I sat back down expecting her to clean it up.

5 minutes later and she hadn't cleaned it. I didn't want our boss to walk past and see the spill, which he would quiz Clare about, so I cleaned it for her. She just glared at me while I cleaned it.

Later in the evening she apologised to me but said I was immature, and she shouldn't have reacted like that
Reply 37
bumpp
bumpp

no need to bump. clare spilled coffee. you cleaned it. you are clare's subordinate. thread closed.
Reply 39
no need to bump. clare spilled coffee. you cleaned it. you are clare's subordinate. thread closed.

loal

Quick Reply

Latest