This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Which exam board does everyone feel has been the worst this year, taking into account horrid exams, exam clashes etc. and in which subject.
For me, it's gotta be Edexcel for their performance in maths. They've been inconsistent with exams, and they gave that horrid P3 exam.
Guest Rob
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hmm, tough one. I'd say AQA after the horrendous MAP5 and MAP6 papers they put out, but the MAP4 and MAM2 ones were quite good.

Just had OCR-B physics today, and that went well. The only other board I do is WJEC for chemistry, but that isn't until next week.

AQA it is then.
Lost Soul
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I thank OCR's kindness for setting easy Biology papers by giving them my vote. (esp. considering the last question on one paper was impossible.)

Lost Soul
Xenon
Rep:
?
Yeah, perhaps the number of votes will increases after that thread about the impossible genes question set by OCR. Still think Edexcel is top, followed closely by OCR (I didn't like any of their A2 papers too much). Dunno about AQA. Don't have them.
mensandan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Glad I'm not doing AQA maths. I revised a few of their papers and they were much harder although I suppose the course was different so the students on that syllabus had learnt how 2 do those questions. For other subjects, OCR seem to set evil science exams. I reckon edexcel is prob the best over all except the odd P3 paper apparently
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok i took the pure 3 edexcel paper, absolute nightmare, but i also take AQA physics and trust me THATS a WORSE nightmare, i assure u!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Had to suffer a Classical Civilisation Exam on a hot afternoon. OCR gets my vote.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Edexcel is leading by a mile. Interesting to see the little battle b/w AQA ans OCR. AQA is just holding on 4 second place. Wow guys, there's 108 votes. Thanks for voting. Keep voting an sending your coments.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i dont think the poll is really fair as more ppl take edexcel exams in general, i think... also, a difficult paper doesnt make a bad exam board.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
It's CCEA (NI) it's way the toughest in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Maths used to be really tough but has got significantly easier due to the AS + A2 introduction, they have removed a lot of stuff in order to be in balance with the rest of the UK and to follow the QCA Guidelines. More stuff was on Maths A Level because we have GCSE Additional Maths which is virtually the same as AS Maths.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well, what i said on CCEA, it's not a bad board, it's really good. We were told though that we have more stuff to learn than those that do the english boards, correct me if i am wrong.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
This poll doesn't seem to mean much, since from the looks of the other message boards, most people are taking Edexcel exams anyway, and it's hard to tell which is the worst board unless you're taking courses with all 4.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The poll is pretty much unanimous.
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
y dont the goverement listen! the customers hate edexcel!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Someone should seriously send all of the threads ****ging off edexcel, and expressing our anger and hatred towards edexcel to them, cos maybe they'd listen. I especially hope someone sends that 11/12 page long thread on the problems of the P3 exam.
pink_fairy
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yer, i think the worst definately has to be edexcel.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeh Edexcel without doubt the worse.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd agree with that,

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry but I have to say WJEC after their stupid hipcup on the English Lit Higher GCSE Paper which all my friends sat. I was very fortunetly, I sat Foundation.
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What happened?

Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (17)
7.87%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
6.48%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (45)
20.83%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (28)
12.96%
No, nothing has changed (72)
33.33%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (40)
18.52%

Watched Threads