Turn on thread page Beta

The worst exam board? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board does everyone feel has been the worst this year, taking into account horrid exams, exam clashes etc. and in which subject.
    For me, it's gotta be Edexcel for their performance in maths. They've been inconsistent with exams, and they gave that horrid P3 exam.

Hmm, tough one. I'd say AQA after the horrendous MAP5 and MAP6 papers they put out, but the MAP4 and MAM2 ones were quite good.

Just had OCR-B physics today, and that went well. The only other board I do is WJEC for chemistry, but that isn't until next week.

AQA it is then.

ReputationRep:
    I thank OCR's kindness for setting easy Biology papers by giving them my vote. (esp. considering the last question on one paper was impossible.)

Lost Soul

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, perhaps the number of votes will increases after that thread about the impossible genes question set by OCR. Still think Edexcel is top, followed closely by OCR (I didn't like any of their A2 papers too much). Dunno about AQA. Don't have them.

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not doing AQA maths. I revised a few of their papers and they were much harder although I suppose the course was different so the students on that syllabus had learnt how 2 do those questions. For other subjects, OCR seem to set evil science exams. I reckon edexcel is prob the best over all except the odd P3 paper apparently

ReputationRep:
    ok i took the pure 3 edexcel paper, absolute nightmare, but i also take AQA physics and trust me THATS a WORSE nightmare, i assure u!!!

Had to suffer a Classical Civilisation Exam on a hot afternoon. OCR gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel is leading by a mile. Interesting to see the little battle b/w AQA ans OCR. AQA is just holding on 4 second place. Wow guys, there's 108 votes. Thanks for voting. Keep voting an sending your coments.

i dont think the poll is really fair as more ppl take edexcel exams in general, i think... also, a difficult paper doesnt make a bad exam board.

It's CCEA (NI) it's way the toughest in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Maths used to be really tough but has got significantly easier due to the AS + A2 introduction, they have removed a lot of stuff in order to be in balance with the rest of the UK and to follow the QCA Guidelines. More stuff was on Maths A Level because we have GCSE Additional Maths which is virtually the same as AS Maths.

Well, what i said on CCEA, it's not a bad board, it's really good. We were told though that we have more stuff to learn than those that do the english boards, correct me if i am wrong.

This poll doesn't seem to mean much, since from the looks of the other message boards, most people are taking Edexcel exams anyway, and it's hard to tell which is the worst board unless you're taking courses with all 4.

ReputationRep:
    The poll is pretty much unanimous.

ReputationRep:
    y dont the goverement listen! the customers hate edexcel!

ReputationRep:
    Someone should seriously send all of the threads ****ging off edexcel, and expressing our anger and hatred towards edexcel to them, cos maybe they'd listen. I especially hope someone sends that 11/12 page long thread on the problems of the P3 exam.

yer, i think the worst definately has to be edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Edexcel without doubt the worse.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with that,

Phil

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I have to say WJEC after their stupid hipcup on the English Lit Higher GCSE Paper which all my friends sat. I was very fortunetly, I sat Foundation.

ReputationRep:
    What happened?

Phil

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.