This discussion is closed.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
6 papers on 1 day this year. EdExcel have been removed from my Christmas card list.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That sounds fun.

Phil
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
On section C, the unseen poem, they didn't print the last 14 lines of the poem on 25,0000 papers.

It was on the news and my friend and her parents were being interview and they were ****ing off WJEC big time!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
What being removed from my Christmas card list or being forced to revise for 6 papers in one day??

LOL!!
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The xmas cards obviously, no seriously 6 modules on 1 day, is just too harsh.

Phil
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by PHIL)
What happened?

Phil
I DID THE CCEA A LEVEL BIOLOGY PAPER IN JUNE PAST, AND WAS THE HARDEST PAPER OF MY LIFE. SO IN RESPONCE TO "THE WORST EXAM BOARD?" I NOMINATE CCEA!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Edexcel, although WJEC's certificates look like they've been printed on scrap paper.
Unspeakable
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, Edexcel really need to start being more considerate - the exams that you have in a day really affect your grades so having P4 and P6 in one afternoon makes cramming sooooooooo much fun. And I felt even more sorry for a friend who had German that morning too.
Worst board though has to be OCR for Chemistry. God knows why school chose that board. The questions are unfair and ambiguous - half of the time the question can be read in different ways so you don't know exactly what they're asking and you can give a perfectly reasonable answer and find that they wanted something else from you and get no marks! Grrrrrrrrrrr OK, so its just me being petty, compared to boards that have mistakes and overlaps etc, but still.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unspeakable)
Well, Edexcel really need to start being more considerate - the exams that you have in a day really affect your grades so having P4 and P6 in one afternoon makes cramming sooooooooo much fun. And I felt even more sorry for a friend who had German that morning too.
Worst board though has to be OCR for Chemistry. God knows why school chose that board. The questions are unfair and ambiguous - half of the time the question can be read in different ways so you don't know exactly what they're asking and you can give a perfectly reasonable answer and find that they wanted something else from you and get no marks! Grrrrrrrrrrr OK, so its just me being petty, compared to boards that have mistakes and overlaps etc, but still.
Judging from Unspeakable's signature, he is a Terry Pratchett fan.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gotta be EdExcel for me - I'm so glad I didnt have to sit the impossible question they put on the D1 paper the year before mine.

OCR are proberbly second - the general studies papers I took last year looked like they were written for a 5 year old.

Of course - this all might change once i get this years results...
Unspeakable
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
She is a Terry Pratchet fan, though Douglas Adams and JKRowling have the edge.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Judging by unspeakable website i would say she was female
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Other [ 2 ] 0.78%
What other exam boards are there? and what's so bad about them?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by loftx)
What other exam boards are there? and what's so bad about them?
The only other one not mentioned specifically on the poll is the CCEA (Northern Ireland).
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
The only other one not mentioned specifically on the poll is the CCEA (Northern Ireland).
Are there any other boards, else I'll just change "other" to CCEA?
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
My UCAS booklet for last year notes 5 main exam boards (for Endland and Wales) there are 31 other oganisations which are or have been exam boards recently.

I think thats a bit big for the poll
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Not major ones.

Edexcel, OCR, AQA, WJEC, CCEA.
loftx
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The fifth one was NICCEA (Northen Ireland Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment) though I had never heard of them
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Actually I haven't got a clue how to edit a poll, so unless anyone else will do it, it'll have to stay the same.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads