Turn on thread page Beta

How to start a blog watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so I've been wanting to set up a film blog for a while now. I'd like to start at the beginning of next year, but I've never done anything like this before and frankly have no idea how to actually get one up and running. If anyone can point me to some useful sites and generally give me some advice I'd be grateful, and if you like you can give me links to your blogs and I'll check them out. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Freewebs is a website where you can make a free site, people use it to make all sorts of sites like blogs and celebrity fansites. Another one is Piczo

ReputationRep:
    Which one is best?

ReputationRep:
    I started a blog earlier this year, and I'd say either Blogger or Wordpress are probably your best options. And of the two I'd say Wordpress, purely because it's a bit more customisable. Also Blogger blogs can be a little hard to comment on sometimes if you don't have a Blogger blog yourself.
    In terms of general tips, I'd probably say that it's best to have maybe a couple of weeks worth of content ready before you start the blog, because I know when I first started it took me a lot longer to write posts, so that way you have a bit of a head start! Also having a Twitter account for your blog from the start is a good idea. i tried to avoid it for a while because I had never used Twitter before, and didn't really know how to, but now I get most of my traffic from there.
    Hope this was helpful, and best of luck with your blog!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.