Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone from a lower uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please tell me where they draw the line on this matter. Suppose I went to an AAA/AAB Russell group University but my partner went to an ex-poly University studying a chavy course like construction design, would you try and persuade me leave them, and find a guy at my Uni who is on the same level as me in society?

That's why there are different unis right, so people can match make better like a big dating community?

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on what you look for in a partner, some look for someone who is smart whilst others look for someone who is funny etc but IMO i don't think it would be fair to not date someone because they're from a lower-ranking uni or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Which uni they went to wouldn't affect how I felt about them and neither would the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erstwhistle)
    Could someone please tell me where they draw the line on this matter. Suppose I went to an AAA/AAB Russell group University but my partner went to an ex-poly University studying a chavy course like construction design, would you try and persuade me leave them, and find a guy at my Uni who is on the same level as me in society?

That's why there are different unis right, so people can match make better like a big dating community?
    Life is all about capitalism so yes you should only go out with someone of your equivalence in society. Also, everyone is a nazi, and we should all support capitalism and vote BNP. #sarcasm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

I go to an ex-poly at the moment.
    Wouldn't you date me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I go to an ex-poly at the moment.
    Wouldn't you date me?
    I'm not at Uni yet and no I wouldn't.

Why would I date you when there are better, socially insecure and virgin geeks at better unis, who I can manipulate into going out with me

I wouldn't date them unless they have been oxbridge the difference in intellect and class would be worlds apart.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not at Uni yet and no I wouldn't.

Why would I date you when there are better, socially insecure and virgin geeks at better unis, who I can manipulate into going out with me
    You have presented quite a riddle there. Haha
    Not sure if contains sarcasm or not!
    The statement holds lots of assumptions which I'm not so sure are correct, and is rather narrow.

ReputationRep:

troll, feeble attempt 3/10

ReputationRep:

Sure, that's totally the reason if you have a giant stick up your butt.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would. University ranking is of little relevance when it comes to relationships.

Unless they went to Hull. I would never go out with anyone who went to Hull.

Nobody cares what uni you went to, honestlyyyyyyyyyy :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care if someone went to a lower regarded uni or college and I wouldn't care what they studied as long as they were a nice person and we got on well. Where they studied and what they studied wouldn't even come into the equation with me tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously.
    You will refuse you go out with someone because their uni isn't quite as good as yours.

The elitism on this site scares me sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Nobody cares what uni you went to, honestlyyyyyyyyyy :facepalm:
    yes they do lol.

I'm a Muslim so I don't date but if I were to... I would not date anyone lower than Oxbridge.

EDIT: STEM subjects only @ Oxbridge.

EDIT EDIT: Actually forget it, Cambridge is way better for STEM. Cambridge STEM only.

(Original post by Kabulkid)
    yes they do lol.

I'm a Muslim so I don't date but if I were to... I would not date anyone lower than Oxbridge.

Sorry-

*only idiots do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Sorry-

*only idiots do.
    On the basis of probability, I'd say without hesitation that I'm probably smarter than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    yes they do lol.

EDIT EDIT: Actually forget it, Cambridge is way better for STEM. Cambridge STEM only.

The hypocrisy! "I'm a Muslim" - Humble yourself fellow Muslim. The Prophet would have never looked down on anyone depending on their academic success or wealth. How dare you? I am disgusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmenahJama)
    The hypocrisy! "I'm a Muslim" - Humble yourself fellow Muslim. The Prophet would have never looked down on anyone depending on their academic success or wealth. How dare you? I am disgusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not the Prophet.:confused:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.