The Student Room Group

my unconditional offer changed to conditional overnight!!

I'm so confused, I applied to study at Cardiff Met to do Bsc computing I received an unconditional offer yesterday - but now today, my offer changed to conditional? What does this mean?
They no longer want you :frown: sorry
Reply 2
Original post by anonwinner
They no longer want you :frown: sorry

I didn't receive an email from the university when I got the unconditional offer but I received this today...btw I haven't got the grades yet...I'm awaiting my result and that was 1/5 offers I have heard from.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ellxelouxse
I didn't receive an email from the university when I got the unconditional offer but I received this today...btw I haven't got the grades yet...I'm awaiting my result and that was 1/5 offers I have heard from.

My first post was just a joke. On UCAS does it still say Unconditional? Or Conditional?
Reply 4
My first post was just a joke. On UCAS does it still say Unconditional? Or Conditional?

Got me worried then! Haha. It still says conditional!
Got me worried then! Haha. It still says conditional!

If on the UCAS website it says unconditional then it will be an unconditional offer. If it has changed to conditional then it will be conditional. The email you received from the university looks like a generic email they send to everyone and doesn't really specify whether your offer is conditional or unconditional.

"You will be notified on UCAS Track if your offer is Conditional on you obtaining certain qualifications and grades," if you have not been notified on UCAS Track then your offer is most likely still unconditional. Don't worry about it
Reply 6
If on the UCAS website it says unconditional then it will be an unconditional offer. If it has changed to conditional then it will be conditional. The email you received from the university looks like a generic email they send to everyone and doesn't really specify whether your offer is conditional or unconditional.

"You will be notified on UCAS Track if your offer is Conditional on you obtaining certain qualifications and grades," if you have not been notified on UCAS Track then your offer is most likely still unconditional. Don't worry about it

I understand. It confuses me because why did it say unconditional on UCAS if I don't have the grades yet...then quickly change to conditional? Do you think there was some kind of mistake?

Also, do I have to wait for the decisions of all 5 offers before replying or accepting an offer?
I understand. It confuses me because why did it say unconditional on UCAS if I don't have the grades yet...then quickly change to conditional? Do you think there was some kind of mistake?

Also, do I have to wait for the decisions of all 5 offers before replying or accepting an offer?

Yes there may have been a mistake, I'm sure you'll get good enough grades anyway :smile: I'm not sure if you have to wait for all 5 replies

Yes there will have been a mistake. Contact UCAS to let them know your offer changed from unconditional to conditional without the university contacting you to explain why. They aren't supposed to make changes like this without talking to you first.

You pick F/I once you have decisions from all 5 choices. The deadline for this is either early may or early june depending when your last decision comes through.

It is a bad idea to pick F/I before April time - once you chose you lose a lot of options so the more time you give yourself to do research and be sure of your decisions.
I'm so confused, I applied to study at Cardiff Met to do Bsc computing I received an unconditional offer yesterday - but now today, my offer changed to conditional? What does this mean?

Seems like it was just a mistake on the University's part. They may have put unconditional by accident and then just corrected it to conditional when they realised the mistake. Since you dont have grades yet its very unlikely they would give you an unconditional offer for no reason. And since its been changed to conditional on UCAS track then that's what it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending