Turn on thread page Beta

How do you make a relationship official? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been seeing a guy for a while now, going on dates, spending a lot of time together, and I definitely want to make it exclusive. I don't know how to go about doing it though! I don't want to just come out with, "Will you go out with me?" coz it sounds desperate! How can I do it subtly? And how do people generally do it?

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him if you're going out officially because you'd like a date to have as your aniversery.

ReputationRep:
    - Jokingly slip in 'Ooh, am I your girlfriend then?' at an appropriate moment.
    - A friend might conveniently ask, 'So, are you two going out now then?' to which you can casually go to him, 'Yeah, that suits me... wanna be my boyfriend?'

Keep it light as if you're confirming something that you kind of both already knew but hadn't vocalised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shreerac1)
    Just ask him if you're going out officially because you'd like a date to have as your aniversery.
    Yep - he'll love that!

ReputationRep:
    Let him jizz in your eye.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you need to get a document to sign from your local council office?

ReputationRep:
    wait till after sex then ask him out before the euphoria wears off.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoo your name on his face when he's asleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissHero)
    Tattoo your name on his face when he's asleep.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lay a terd in his bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyJ)
    Let him jizz in your eye.
    LOLL!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Best way i think is straight to the point, ask him.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I last got asked out by the immortal words, "So, can I call you my ***** now?"

You could try something like that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Become Facebook official

ReputationRep:
    ask him where he thinks its going to go, or what he wants to happen with you two, i asked the guy i was seeing he said he wanted a relationship and i said no i dunt!!!

now we are mates you have to get it straight because if you lead yourselves on someone could get hurt!!! its best to find these things out

ReputationRep:
    My bf formally asked me to be his gf but in a jokey way because he's older than me and it sounded v. cheesey.

Just ask "are we bf and gf now" or something along those lines. He might be thinking the exact same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    I just up and asked - so is this a relationship then? (by "relationship" we both knew it was either a serious relationship right from the start or we stop our kissing etc altogether, which at the time has lasted for one day) Given how we couldn't stop holding hands and all, it didn't even cross my mind that he might not want a relationship lol. It's been 10 months now so I was obviously right :p:

Anyhow - just up and ask him, I would. If he wants a serious relationship, he'd be happy you asked cus it shows you want it too and he wouldn't be freaked out. If he freaks out then he obviously doesn't want it and if you then still stayed with him, then you're just gonna end up getting very hurt and letting him have his cake and eat it. Any real relationship starts with trust and if you can't trust him to stay when commitment issues arise then he's not worth staying for, nor would it ever work anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2006
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.